Larger tyres for Galaxy

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
DaveP

Larger tyres for Galaxy

Post by DaveP »

Galaxy models are currently supplied with 32 mm tyres.
Does anyone know how much bigger you could fit while retaining mudguards etc?
Or alternatively - will a 35mm tyre fit - even in smaller frame sizes?
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
Vantage

Re: Larger tyres for Galaxy

Post by Vantage »

Which Galaxy?
The Galaxy Al is basically a newer version of my Vantage and that was supplied with 50mm guards and 32mm tyres but has more than enough room for 40mm+ tyres.
I can't see Dawes being stupid enough to make the other pricier Galaxys with closer clearances.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
JosephCallard

Post by JosephCallard »

I have as 2011 galaxy and have got 38mm tires on there with mudguards, it's a bit tight though and I'll probably find some wider mudguards soon

Joe
fluffybunnyuk

Post by fluffybunnyuk »

i use 35mm myself...ive been looking at going wider too. so if anyones got 40mm+ on there galaxy plz let us know.
Bikefayre

Post by Bikefayre »

Would suggest using the Schwalbe Energizer Plus tyre not the horrible Tour version as this should do everything you want and use 35C tyres which this is for off road farm/estate tracks no bother as have found the slightly wider winter tyres makes no real difference. You could try the Continental Nordic Spike as it's the largest tyre that seems to fit hybrid bikes and go for the full stud not the half stud and is purely a road tyre.