look arc compatible cleats

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
aljohn

look arc compatible cleats

Postby aljohn » 4 Mar 2015, 10:25am

I have an old pair of pedals on my Ribble that are labelled LOOK. On my Saracen I have an old (but newer) pair of LOOK ARC pedals. I use the same cleats on both - no problems, except that I've forgotten which ones I bought 4 years ago. I've seen the cleats that I fancy, they are LOOK KEO grey 4.5 degree float. Does anyone know if these will fit the pedals I have. I've a sneaky feeling I may have used similar in the past, but not sure. I wanted the grey cleats because of the float. I find 9 degrees irritating to unclip quickly and decided that 0 degrees may cause my knee to play up....sob. And my computer is playing up as well, fed up!

Brucey

Re: look arc compatible cleats

Postby Brucey » 4 Mar 2015, 11:38am

AFAIK 'Look Keo' is not compatible with 'Look Delta'. Best to check the fit of cleats in the flesh to be sure.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Des49

Postby Des49 » 4 Mar 2015, 12:52pm

The old original cleats are not compatible with the newer Keo ones. If in the last 4 years then you should find they are the Keo.

I only last autumn changed over to the Keo, and then only to keep compatibility with a daughters bike and pedals. Mine were still going strong from the 80s/90s.
The newer pedals are very much lighter but have given up such long lasting bearings it seems.

Some pics below, the black and white pedals are the very originals brought out and date from somewhere in the mid 80s.

Nice system, though I generally use spd pedals for touring type use just so I can walk and not wear out the cleats.
Image Attachments
Look Keo 2.jpg
Look Keo plates
Look Keo 1.jpg
Look Keo pedals and plates
Look original 2.jpg
Look original plates
Look original 1.jpg
Look original pedals

Des49

Postby Des49 » 4 Mar 2015, 1:00pm

Meant to add that do check your cleats against the pics above, I don't actually know what model the Arc is.

The older original cleats are also known as classic or Delta. They are used on all the hire bikes and shoes at the Manchester track.

aljohn

Postby aljohn » 4 Mar 2015, 1:45pm

Thanks to both of you for the replies, they were most helpful. Looks like I'll be trying for delta, but I'll try to look at some first bto make sure.

Brucey

Postby Brucey » 4 Mar 2015, 6:36pm

Look 'Arc' models first appeared when the 'delta' type cleat was current. If you have older pedals that say 'Arc' on them they are likely to accept 'Delta' type cleats.

IIRC this may have been the first model to have the 'Arc' moniker

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~