Fast Winter Commuter/Tourer for a Tall Man

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mig

Re: Fast Winter Commuter/Tourer for a Tall Man

Post by mig »

might enjoy if even more if the budget stretches to something built specifically for you..?
stewartpratt

Post by stewartpratt »

pete75 wrote:Ribble winter/audax and CR1 go up to 64cm frame size and will take a rack for light touring. A friend who is 6' 7" uses a 64cm winter and finds it plenty big enough.

Caveat is that it will depend on body shape, preference, etc. With a 73.5 seat angle and a 59cm top tube it's on the steep and short side for a frame of that size; at 6'5" I prefer something nearer 72 and 61. YMMV.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

stewartpratt wrote:
pete75 wrote:Ribble winter/audax and CR1 go up to 64cm frame size and will take a rack for light touring. A friend who is 6' 7" uses a 64cm winter and finds it plenty big enough.

Caveat is that it will depend on body shape, preference, etc. With a 73.5 seat angle and a 59cm top tube it's on the steep and short side for a frame of that size; at 6'5" I prefer something nearer 72 and 61. YMMV.

What on earth does YMMV mean?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

I believe that's "your mileage may vary"

When trying to keep down with the boyz in the hood, the urban dictionary may help us mamils.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ymmv
stewartpratt

Post by stewartpratt »

pete75 wrote:What on earth does YMMV mean?

LMGTFY ;)
pete75

Post by pete75 »

BrianFox wrote:I believe that's "your mileage may vary"

When trying to keep down with the boyz in the hood, the urban dictionary may help us mamils.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ymmv

Well doesn't everyone's mileage vary? Surely the expression is STBO - stating the bleeding obvious....
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker