Favourite Cycling Documentaries

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
prestavalve

Favourite Cycling Documentaries

Post by prestavalve »

Looking for something to watch so I thought I'd ask...what's everyone's favourite cycling docs and/or films? Mine is Ken's Burn's epic (has he ever made anything that's <4 hours long?) "Bicycles". Great social history, from the early days of the running machine right through to the episode of the West Wing in which Josiah Bartlet rides into a tree (there's bonus material from one of the cast on that as well).
Attachments
KEN BURNS BICYCLES.jpg
Godzy89

Re: Favourite Cycling Documentaries

Post by Godzy89 »

Theres one on Netflix called Accomplice
Its about mountain bikers doing tricks and they are fearless
Brilliant tricks, nice bikes, great camera work, excellent music and stunning scenery
Well worth a watch
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Does a short YouTube documentary on Raleigh from 1940’s count? I was amazed at the processes to create the various bike parts.

It gave me a better understanding of the process when they showed steel tested per batch in the lab etc.
drossall

Post by drossall »

I enjoyed Racing the Clock - very evocative.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

John
drossall

Post by drossall »

That second one, Cyclists' Special, is good, but I believe it's copyright. I originally bought it as part of a set of British Transport films. Although you can now watch it free here.
Godzy89

Safety to Nome

Post by Godzy89 »

Documentary about 1000 mile race in the snows of Alaska
Unbelieveable endurance race in blizzards, snow drifts and feezing cold
Currently free on Prime

1 of the riders has just said he took off his hat and part of his ear came off with it !!
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

We really enjoyed the Least Expected Day on Netflix, behind the scenes with Movistar, really interesting behind the scenes documentary, show the human side of the riders and a bit of what the life of a pro rider is like.
Slowtwitch

Post by Slowtwitch »

The documentary about the Taylor brothers was fabulous, a real eye into the world of cycling geekery, impassioned tandem riders and general eccentrics. Loved it. Don't know if it's still on YouTube?