What's your favourite bike tool?

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
rotavator

Re: What's your favourite bike tool?

Post by rotavator »

Mick F wrote: 7 Jul 2021, 4:41pm
8mm 9mm and 10mm hex nuts?
Why?
There are plenty of 8 and 10 mm hex nuts on my bikes on e.g. mudguards and racks but I have no 9 mm nuts. I now have open ended and ring spanners with 8 and 10 mm at the ends so I never pick up the wrong spanner.

My favourite tool could be my track pump because it just works every time.
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

rotavator wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 9:24pmMy favourite tool could be my track pump because it just works every time.
It's not a tool as such but I got one of these, because I'm just that lazy :lol:

I don't take it out riding with me but I might buy another so I have one while out and one at home.

Doesn't pack much of a punch though, topping up 4 car tyres will drain most of it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gooplayer-Port ... B085R927T9

When two cyclists get married, they should throw anodized cable crimps instead of confetti.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

My Lezyne alloy track pump. Had it >10 years; fastest pump I ever had. For on the bike, my Road Morph pump: since I buggered a collar bone in 2002 I haven't been able to use an ordinary pump or one of those minute silvery things, but with this I can put an end on the ground and use both hands. Last time I used it I got up to ~6½ bar.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
keyboardmonkey

Post by keyboardmonkey »

Tekton 1/4” drive 270° swivel head ratchet (with Facom hex socket set).

I was looking for a nut driver/spinner, but this has that facility as well as being handy for fiddly jobs such as bottle cages and micro adjust seat posts etc.

Lovely versatile tool, although the price has doubled since I bought mine a couple of years ago.

EC88D2C2-6565-4C5D-A410-F1080B8559B7.jpeg
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

Took some finding…. I used to take my Pamir Engineering Freewheel Cracker on tour. This turned the bike into a chain-whip and helped with broken drive-side spokes. I’ve got their later Hypercracker for cassette lock rings somewhere too.

pamir.png