It's not rocket science

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
kwackers

Re: It's not rocket science

Post by kwackers »

[XAP]Bob wrote:You can't fake the ISS overhead, and we can see it - it takes a reasonable telescope, but we can see it.

I have some pics somewhere I took with my 10" telescope of the ISS - with a shuttle docked too!

They're not very good but it's obvious what they are.
(My telescope wasn't tracking well and there were a lot of atmospherics)
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

kwackers wrote:(My telescope wasn't tracking well and there were a lot of atmospherics)

" We've had some complaints about the atmospherics, so we've put some traps down and should have caught them soon. "

Colin Compton, Wheel Tappers and Shunters Social Club .... ish ... :lol:
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

landsurfer wrote:
kwackers wrote:(My telescope wasn't tracking well and there were a lot of atmospherics)

" We've had some complaints about the atmospherics, so we've put some traps down and should have caught them soon. "

Colin Compton, Wheel Tappers and Shunters Social Club .... ish ... :lol:

We had the same problem and couldn't resolve it,so it's all up in the air at the moment :? :wink:
Last edited by reohn2 on 20 Nov 2019, 10:01am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Of course everything nowadays could be faked - so how did they 'fake' the live apollo streams? They certainly couldn't do that at the time.

They could, because Stanley Kubrick managed it in 1968 on a fraction of NASA's budget with his film 2001: A Space Odyssey.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Manc33 wrote:
[XAP]Bob wrote:Of course everything nowadays could be faked - so how did they 'fake' the live apollo streams? They certainly couldn't do that at the time.

They could, because Stanley Kubrick managed it in 1968 on a fraction of NASA's budget with his film 2001: A Space Odyssey.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/

There was not the technological capacity to fake it.
There was not the political capability to fake it.
There has never been the capacity for a conspiracy that large to persist for more than an hour.

You can look in the sky and find snoopy, or the s4b from Apollo 9 - those aren't film artefacts from fifty years ago - they are objects in the sky which can be seen from opposite hemispheres, and are now in heliocentric orbits.

You have still failed to explain one natural phenomenon, or demonstrate a single phenomenon that contradicts the theories put forward in this thread.

"Everything is CGI" is not an answer - do you know how many people are deeply involved in even the simplest of animation tasks?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Attachments
4897EE54-5018-4B4C-9F04-B57858FA537D.png
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

[XAP]Bob wrote:"Everything is CGI" is not an answer - do you know how many people are deeply involved in even the simplest of animation tasks?

You think it's bad now?
AI based "deep fakes" which can be done by anyone will make it impossible to determine the truth of anything.

This is my theory of why there are no aliens.
Once they invent deep fakes their societies descend into chaos...

(Well, one of theories, I have several ;) )
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

At the moment deep fakes are still detectable (although the easiest method appears to be to use machine learning against itself...)
But they are also pretty limited in what they are doing (potentially insanely damaging results, but actually relatively limited capacity).

No doubt both of those will rapidly progress now that that particular genie is out of the proverbial bottle.

However we're talking about the 1960's, when the state of the art computer was somewhat less powerful than a digital (not smart) watch.
We're talking about continuous hours of footage, with some of the *most* difficult things to render (hair, water etc) and we're talking about objects that I can see from my back garden, and that we can predict when and where a solar or lunar transits will be visible.

Manc33 is talking about a conspiracy involving people who were engaged in an idealogical war with each other (as well as proxy physical wars) as well as completely independent nations and amateurs the world over.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

[XAP]Bob wrote:There was not the technological capacity to fake it.

You're ignoring that Stanley Kubrick did fake it.

[XAP]Bob wrote:There was not the political capability to fake it.

Due to compartmentalization (the need to know basis) anything can be kept from the public. Hundreds of thousands of scientists worked on the Manhattan Project and it was kept secret. What I am pointing out is A. Far more sensitive than that and B. Doesn't need hundreds of thousands, or even thousands of people involved.

[XAP]Bob wrote:There has never been the capacity for a conspiracy that large to persist for more than an hour.

That's easy to refute in two words - Cottingley Fairies. Two kids fooled the world for decades. Experts were baffled. Some people would have not believed fairies exist, but experts couldn't debunk the photos regardless of who believed what. I would guess that a lot of people did believe fairies exist based on the photos and the fact that "the experts" couldn't find any flaws with the evidence. This only all came out when the kids had turned into little old ladies and admitted to faking the photos, after something like 60 years or more had passed.

[XAP]Bob wrote:You have still failed to explain one natural phenomenon, or demonstrate a single phenomenon that contradicts the theories put forward in this thread.

"Everything is CGI" is not an answer - do you know how many people are deeply involved in even the simplest of animation tasks?

Right but as I have said they can just be put on a need to know basis, or threatened, or paid a lot, or all of the above.

Anything I have shown you up to now has been met with denial like the Tim Peake somersault, or people on harnesses.

There's another one with a guy fading away as he floats into a hatch on the ISS but is there any point showing you it when you'll just say it's not a CGI layering mistake, it's all just fine?
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

How do you know it hasn't been edited to make him fade away so it looks like a CGI mistake?

Why wouldn't they check the videos better before releasing them if they were fake?

What is the point of this big, global conspiracy?
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

Postboxer wrote:How do you know it hasn't been edited to make him fade away so it looks like a CGI mistake?

This is a theory I have seen, that NASA is purposely putting out stuff so obviously faked, they want people to talk about it. It makes sense because then all those people can be monitored, especially these days if they are posting comments online.

Postboxer wrote:Why wouldn't they check the videos better before releasing them if they were fake?

They might be under staffed. Think about the pressure they would be under, getting basically forced to fake it (with dirt on them, them getting threatened etc). You're not going to get the best CGI artists in the world or extremely careful ones, you're going to get criminals that are abusers with dirt on them that happen to also have acceptable CGI skills. Some guy isn't going to blab if he's been photographed in a compromising position. Even if they did they would just get laughed at anyway, then bumped off and it called a suicide.

Postboxer wrote:What is the point of this big, global conspiracy?

I don't know because I'm not involved in causing it.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Wish I could remember that website I found that sold baseball caps and other hats with an advanced form of a tin foil layer in them. I think it might be needed for some people.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Tangled Metal wrote:Wish I could remember that website I found that sold baseball caps and other hats with an advanced form of a tin foil layer in them. I think it might be needed for some people.

Too late.

I blame dodgy microwaves from the 80's.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

kwackers wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:Wish I could remember that website I found that sold baseball caps and other hats with an advanced form of a tin foil layer in them. I think it might be needed for some people.

Too late.

I blame dodgy microwaves from the 80's.

The denial worm though rare,crawls into some poeple's ear and corrupts the brain function system.

PS,there is a cure but but involves allowing a truth worm in by the same orifice which isn't always acceptable to some,least of all the denial worm.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Manc33 wrote:
Postboxer wrote:What is the point of this big, global conspiracy?

I don't know because I'm not involved in causing it.

Brian Cox now on TV adding his mite to this gigantic conspiracy.
I suppose he gets a professorship and a telly series out of it!

Some beautiful fakery of him flying to the edge of space at only 18Km. in an English Electric Lightning. Incredible footage.

You should watch it to detect the lies.

BBC4 at 20:00. 28.11.19
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?