FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
jgurney

Re: FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Post by jgurney »

peetee wrote:Glastonbury Methodist church?

The one of debatable address (some insist it is in Somerhouse Orchard, BA6 8JA and others that it is in Lambrook Street, BA6 8BY).

But no, whatever we call it the spot, not there.
cotswolds

Post by cotswolds »

Wrong dissenters, I think it's the Baptist church.

Selection_088.png
cotswolds

Post by cotswolds »

Dunno what Google Earth did in the first pic, here's a version thay shows both towers.
Selection_089.png
jgurney

Post by jgurney »

cotswolds wrote:Dunno what Google Earth did in the first pic, here's a version thay shows both towers.Selection_089.png

Right building, almost the right name. The image was taken from the top of the tower of St John the Baptist's church, which is C. of E., not from the nearby Baptist Church.
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

jgurney wrote:Not sure if I'm allowed to post a second pic before anyone has identified the first, so tell me if I am too early.

For this one, the prize is only for the specific location, not for 'within about 3 miles of....'

From here:
https://goo.gl/maps/VKeKmoAkB5ccU3LJA
(unfortunately the streetview car pictures are slightly too far apart for an exact match)
jgurney

Post by jgurney »

andrew_s wrote:From here:
https://goo.gl/maps/VKeKmoAkB5ccU3LJA
(unfortunately the streetview car pictures are slightly too far apart for an exact match)

Spot on! Woodlands Rd where it meets Priority Rhyne (which reminds me to try to find where that name came from).
jgurney

Post by jgurney »

cotswolds wrote:Dunno what Google Earth did in the first pic, here's a version thay shows both towers.

There are people in the town who would come up with the most weird and wonderful explanations for the disappearance of St Michael's Tower from that image!
cotswolds

Post by cotswolds »

jgurney wrote:
cotswolds wrote:Dunno what Google Earth did in the first pic, here's a version that shows both towers.

There are people in the town who would come up with the most weird and wonderful explanations for the disappearance of St Michael's Tower from that image!

I might believe them, I was concentrating on the church tower and it was a spooky moment when I realised the tor was bare.
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

so that's why it said "road closed" at the other end :)