FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
Morzedec

FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Post by Morzedec »

As a possible distraction from what is currently annoying people (the lack of loo rolls), a gentle quiz for you.

It's called 'Where is This', and as soon as you have solved the first puzzle you can join in yourself. Won't that be fun, children?

Here we go then: an easy one to start with: it's the view from ...................................

Happy days
Attachments
x.jpg
francovendee

Re: FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Post by francovendee »

Do we get 10 guesses to narrow it down?

If so, is it off the coast of France?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Land's End. I think it's Longships Lighthouse. Btw, the Cornish authorities are pleading with non-residents not to flood into Cornwall please....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Oh and btw - although I've been to LE (some 60 years ago!) I've never yet done LeJog. I don't suppose I'll get the chance now. Anyway, isn't it a bit over-rated? :?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

661-Pete, please have a lollipop: dead right, it's the view from Land's End, the one that you see when you are starting out on your LEJOG. Go on, Pete, as soon as you can pop down to LE again, and then set of northwards: nothing is overrated if it gives YOU pleasure.

Francovendee: close - it was definitely off the coast of somewhere! I avoided putting up a French pic (to start with) because some people moan that it's in Europe - can't win them all.

I'll try one more, and then expect the 'winner' to follow with their own pic.

Happy days,
Attachments
XX.jpg
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Off topic but an Uncle of mine worked on both Longships and Eddystone lighthouses in the late 1950s/early 60s.I have cousins who live in and around Sennen 8)
RickH

Post by RickH »

Morzedec wrote:661-Pete, please have a lollipop: dead right, it's the view from Land's End, the one that you see when you are starting out on your LEJOG...

You don't see it if your LEJOG starts on a misty rainy day like ours did in 2009. :?
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Morzedec wrote:As a possible distraction from what is currently annoying people (the lack of loo rolls), a gentle quiz for you.

It's called 'Where is This', and as soon as you have solved the first puzzle you can join in yourself. Won't that be fun, children?

Here we go then: an easy one to start with: it's the view from ...................................

Happy days

how many bog rolls is the prize?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Morzedec wrote:661-Pete, please have a lollipop: dead right,
I'd rather have a bag of flour and some yeast - but I know you mean well! :)
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Pete, hello again,

Absolutely no problem, when would you like delivery? Brown flour or white, and if brown would you prefer wholemeal or granary? Yeast is also not a problem, but we only have it in kilo packets - would that be alright?

While we are about it, is there anything else that we can help with? A few avocados perhaps, or a little asparagus, some truffles, or I think - but I will have to check - that we have a gross of Andrex (super soft, bubbly, embossed with teddy bears) still scudding around somewhere.

The things are, you will quite understand, not actually here in Cornwall, but would have to be collected from a mate of ours in Central London; Number Ten, his house is called.

Moving on, there have not yet been any 'takers' for my second pic, so clues: not Scotland nor Wales, nor south of Manchester - that ought to help. More verbal lollipops available, if we get a winner.

Happy days,
buryman

Post by buryman »

Trough of Bowland?
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Buryman, hello,
More lollipops to buy! Dead right you are, the only one even close so far: it shows that there are some genuine touring cyclists on this Forum!

More or less on the final stretch up to Bentham, and already looking forward to reaching the chippy. I've always thought it a wonderful place to cycle through, and have often detoured off an easier route just for the pleasure.

Please advise where you would like the lollipops sent to; plenty of them still available in the shops (I've just come back from a ride, because I was out of that red mouthwash called 'Shiraz')

I suppose that I'd better look for another pic. How's does his one grab everyone?:

Happy days,
Attachments
XXX.jpg
peetee

Post by peetee »

The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
buryman

Post by buryman »

The last time that I climbed ToB was on a model of bike that we share, Holdsworth Ultima, still going strong.
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Buryman, you've got good eyes!

Some pics for you: my 1980 Ultima was rebuilt in 2017, and now has well over 100,000 miles to its name (the trailer has 50,000!). It's bombproof, carries and pulls huge loads without flinching, and me as well (6'4" and 18 stones): I think I paid £25 for the bike, second-hand, about twenty years ago, because my only other tourer (at that time), a Raleigh Clubman, flexed rather a lot with a load on - so the Raleigh became my 'fast day tourer', and the Ultima is used for the longer trips of a month or more.

Frustrated now because I'm supposed to be in France, can't get there, and don't know when I will be home again.

Any ideas about the harbour pic I posted? The clue is that it's rather N of black pudding land.

Happy days,
Attachments
Donzere.jpg
Waiting to cross the Loire   September 3rd 2013.JPG
Cycling through Vendee 2010.JPG
Liskeard station 2017.JPG
Guiscriff road train, 17 Aug 2015.JPG