FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
Invicta Tourist

Re: FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Post by Invicta Tourist »

Morzedec, it's either Daisy, or her sister Moo-riel.

Peetee, you're right, it is the New Forest, but not the road between Burley and Ringwood, or the one near Sway and Holmsley. If you were to cycle a little further north and cross the A31, you'll find the location there. It was a very windy day when I cycled through the New Forest and I was glad of an excuse, err reason to stop and take a photo.

Cugel, the place where the photo taken was nearer to Cowes than Melk-sham. I have sometimes been lucky to find a farm where fresh and occasionally unpasteurized milk can be bought. It's a real treat when tired and thirsty. No need to catch Daisy first either.
peetee

Post by peetee »

Invicta Tourist wrote:Morzedec, it's either Daisy, or her sister Moo-riel.

Peetee, you're right, it is the New Forest, but not the road between Burley and Ringwood, or the one near Sway and Holmsley. If you were to cycle a little further north and cross the A31, you'll find the location there. It was a very windy day when I cycled through the New Forest and I was glad of an excuse, err reason to stop and take a photo.

Cugel, the place where the photo taken was nearer to Cowes than Melk-sham. I have sometimes been lucky to find a farm where fresh and occasionally unpasteurized milk can be bought. It's a real treat when tired and thirsty. No need to catch Daisy first either.

My first thought was the dip on Roger Penny Way just down from the junction to Woodfalls but discounted it because I couldn’t recall an overhanging tree. Is it the road from there to Nomansland, or the short linkroad between Brook and Fritham?
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Last photo: smallest city in Britain?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Cugel wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:
peetee wrote:Ah, smug mode

Smug is good :wink:
Hoping for a detailed comparison of Brechfashire and Bowland from Cugel

No, no - the francophiles have taken over with pictures of obscure French parts (which is a Yank euphemism for something I cannot mention). Personally I like it here in Blighterland, although I have enjoyed many a Mallorcan cycle in the camps, when once a fastlad wanting to go faster than the others, especially all them Chermans that go to Mallorca, trying to buy it and putting towels on the sunbeds. (Yes, they really did)!

But I digress.

I believe there should be a rool for this thread which bans the cycle tour pics of foreign places, as this is probably now illegal and will almost certainly offend Brexy blokes, who know what begins at Calais. What is wrong with pics of Splendid Blighty, eh, eh? Well, apart from the inclusion of some of the Blighters infesting the place. Still, I have come to West Wales and escaped a great number of them. I believe they are even now starting a war concerning the possession of toilet rolls, back in the English Counties heaving with Borisers.

Me and t'ladywife have just returned from a fast thrash about the lanes between Llanybydder and Llanfair Clydogau, via the hilly ways. Hardly a car about but a number of family groups walking in the otherwise deserted lanes, usually with a dog. The sun shone. The families waved. No bugthing leapt out of a hedge or even the nose of a pensioner just returned from Italy. Mind, my lungs were a bit itchy from trying to hang on to her back wheel, as usual, with her 'lectric motor wafting her away up the half mile of 1 in 3 (feels like) as I desperately twiddle my 30/32. Or is it just the bluddy hay fever starting (things are flowering, especially birch catkins). I had some seed cake, on return, and it abated.

Cugel, looking at a fine weather forecast for the coming week and polishing the summer bike.

Hi Cugel, I will observe your rule, no photos of foreign parts (after all there are children about).

We have left the EU so anything foreign isn't in the same league as Blighty.

Keep the thread going, I shall look on in amazement at how well people know their island.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Time travel cycling - not easy but if that HG Wells could manage it .....

An easy one to spot the location of really, though but. But what is the period travelled to, eh,eh?

Flirting ole gimmers (seen my lycra'd bits pet?)
Flirting ole gimmers (seen my lycra'd bits pet?)

Cugel, probably a morlock
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Cug, 'jour (just to annoy you).

Tis Lancaster, hone of the infamous Millennium Bridge - if you can find it, that is, cos the signs to it (for us foreigners) lack obvious visibility. As to the time period, it looks like something Edwardian mostly, or Cornwall in the present day).

Invicta, I also guessed at New Forest, but as it's thirty years or more since I last visited could not precise the location - but glad that I managed to identify the beast correctly.

Another pic, I suppose:
Attachments
CCC.jpg
CCC.jpg (10.87 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Invicta Tourist

Post by Invicta Tourist »

Peetee, the photo was indeed taken on the Roger Penny Way. I'd cycled through Fordingbridge, picked up some lunch at the Co-Op, then headed through Godshill. Later I branched right where the road from Hale Purlieu joins. The photo was taken just past that point.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Morzedec wrote:Cug, 'jour (just to annoy you).

Tis Lancaster, hone of the infamous Millennium Bridge - if you can find it, that is, cos the signs to it (for us foreigners) lack obvious visibility. As to the time period, it looks like something Edwardian mostly, or Cornwall in the present day).

Invicta, I also guessed at New Forest, but as it's thirty years or more since I last visited could not precise the location - but glad that I managed to identify the beast correctly.

Another pic, I suppose:

Caen Hill locks. But where is the boater getting it all wrong? Watching wrong-locking boaters on the Lancaster canal was a-one o' my hobbies.

Incidentally, see that gimmer with his back to the camera in the Edwardian dress pic? He broke his hip sliding on the metal bits of that Millenium Bridge and now has a pretend one. The other gimmer hiding at the otherside of the middle 'un leering at the ladeez also has a false hip from the crash-cycling; and is 80. The old sod still went faster than me. Well, on the flat.

This all proves that them silly hats they have on are a waste of money and what they really need is big flaring shorts with squashy hip-protectors in 'em.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Cug, far too easy for a boater/floater/gloater of your experience.

Nice cafe now at the top of the Caen flight, when they can be bothered to open.

We have a Thames lock-keeper who works for us (causal, like, all cash) during the winter months, before the hired 'plastic palaces' arrive to try to destroy all the river banks. Makes a fortune in the summer from ice cream sales.

What can I post that you won't know the whereabouts of? Try this, the scene of many of my early triumphs and disasters:
Attachments
KKK.jpg
KKK.jpg (6.63 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Bangor Gwynedd is twinned with Soest Germany
With which town in the Netherlands is Soest twinned?
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Cyril, you will upset Cugel no end, now posting anything about across the water.

Very limited, i think he is, and probably does not eat snails.

Happy days,
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Morzedec wrote:Cyril, you will upset Cugel no end, now posting anything about across the water.

Very limited, i think he is, and probably does not eat snails.

Happy days,

He knows more about philosophy, Welsh language, €bikes than you and I put together :wink:
The answer is so easy
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

No replies yet Morzedec.
Perhaps if I threaten to post pics of some foreign parts it might encourage a few.
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Franco, hello, it appears from the lack of responses (as has been suggested previously) that many of the 'Touring Cyclists' on this forum never do get off their sofas and go 'out and about', let alone recognise locations more that five miles from their own home.

Perhaps we ought to post pictures of supermarkets; that might get some of them salivating.

Interesting, perhaps, that the same four 'posters' who have been clogging up the Tea Shop flu thread for many days keep on finding a way to repeat themselves, to quote even more spurious statistics, and to tell everyone else that they are wrong:
far too busy posting to go out cycling (that is, if they own a bike with wheels that still go round).

I admit to struggling with UK pictures; been in France for a while now, so most of my pics are from there. No camera for the last couple of years either, so no recent pics to post anyway (and because I don't have a mobile that avenue is also closed to me).

Oh well, according to all the 'gloomers' we will all be dead (or, if they keep on, at least dead bored) before many more days are out. Here in the South West no-one who would not have died anyway has succumbed to the virus; as will be the case in many areas (not that we are being given structured statistics on anything); given which I'm hoping to be back in France again as soon as possible.

Happy days? - well, sort of.
Attachments
Mmmnn - I'd prefer a Brooks B17 .....jpg
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Wow Morzedec, you are hirsute!