FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
Cyril Haearn

Re: FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Post by Cyril Haearn »

peetee wrote:Ah, smug mode

Smug is good :wink:
Hoping for a detailed comparison of Brechfashire and Bowland from Cugel
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
peetee

Post by peetee »

The clue for my pic is; there is a French connection. Several, in fact.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Dorset? Somewhere near Lyme Regis?
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Frenchman's Creek?
peetee

Post by peetee »

Nope and nope. Another clue; just to the west is the memorial to those who gave so much and beyond that is a very busy hole in the ground.
Invicta Tourist

Post by Invicta Tourist »

Could it be Capel-le-Ferne?
peetee

Post by peetee »

Invicta Tourist wrote:Could it be Capel-le-Ferne?

Bingo! Well done Invicta Tourist -and no wonder you spotted it with such a name! High above Folkestone is Caple-le-Ferne and it’s delightful cliff top cafe with an unrivalled view across the English Channel. Visitors must be prepared to abandon their bikes and sample the knuckle-whitening walk down to The Warren where a stroll along the beach at low tide will expose such ancient gems as pearlescent ammonites and bronze and gold coloured pyrite nodules.
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Invicta, your turn to put a picture up.

Guess I ought to have known where Petee's pic was, cos' I went to school in Canterbury. The week before last, it was.

Happy days,
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
peetee wrote:Ah, smug mode

Smug is good :wink:
Hoping for a detailed comparison of Brechfashire and Bowland from Cugel

No, no - the francophiles have taken over with pictures of obscure French parts (which is a Yank euphemism for something I cannot mention). Personally I like it here in Blighterland, although I have enjoyed many a Mallorcan cycle in the camps, when once a fastlad wanting to go faster than the others, especially all them Chermans that go to Mallorca, trying to buy it and putting towels on the sunbeds. (Yes, they really did)!

But I digress.

I believe there should be a rool for this thread which bans the cycle tour pics of foreign places, as this is probably now illegal and will almost certainly offend Brexy blokes, who know what begins at Calais. What is wrong with pics of Splendid Blighty, eh, eh? Well, apart from the inclusion of some of the Blighters infesting the place. Still, I have come to West Wales and escaped a great number of them. I believe they are even now starting a war concerning the possession of toilet rolls, back in the English Counties heaving with Borisers.

Me and t'ladywife have just returned from a fast thrash about the lanes between Llanybydder and Llanfair Clydogau, via the hilly ways. Hardly a car about but a number of family groups walking in the otherwise deserted lanes, usually with a dog. The sun shone. The families waved. No bugthing leapt out of a hedge or even the nose of a pensioner just returned from Italy. Mind, my lungs were a bit itchy from trying to hang on to her back wheel, as usual, with her 'lectric motor wafting her away up the half mile of 1 in 3 (feels like) as I desperately twiddle my 30/32. Or is it just the bluddy hay fever starting (things are flowering, especially birch catkins). I had some seed cake, on return, and it abated.

Cugel, looking at a fine weather forecast for the coming week and polishing the summer bike.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Invicta Tourist

Post by Invicta Tourist »

Thanks Peetee.

The Clifftop cafe at Capel was a stop where my pals and I used to go for lunch. The cafe patio was a great suntrap and we often enjoyed views across to France on a sunny day. IIRC, there used to be a press cutting on the wall inside the cafe with an article about a previous cafe which was affected by a landslip at the same spot.

Where to next? I took this photo during my cycle camping holiday last year.
Attachments
20190921_112906-580x1031.jpg
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Invicta, I can't quite spot the location, but if I remember correctly the beast's name was Daisy. Posts on this forum quite regularly.

Cugel: back to you: what a great idea, why don't you start it?

Happy days, from me and all my relatives, as gathered together for Mother's Day. Not much separation, notice.
Attachments
My friends and I ....jpg
peetee

Post by peetee »

Pic is definitely the New Forest but I will need a bit longer to pin it down exactly. The Burley to Ringwood road? Or Sway to Holmsley?
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Morzedec wrote:
Mike Sales, 'jour, the harbour: not sure if you will have ridden an 'E to E'' or not. If you have, then you ought to remember (unless you were too knackered to be seeing anything by then), or if not - why not? Go do it, and then post again with the answer.

John O'Groats harbour? That would figure, in opposition to your Longships pic.
No, I have not ridden there.
Did not call in there either, on our lap.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Invicta Tourist wrote:Thanks Peetee.

The Clifftop cafe at Capel was a stop where my pals and I used to go for lunch. The cafe patio was a great suntrap and we often enjoyed views across to France on a sunny day. IIRC, there used to be a press cutting on the wall inside the cafe with an article about a previous cafe which was affected by a landslip at the same spot.

Where to next? I took this photo during my cycle camping holiday last year.

That is cow-sham as it's obviously some tandamners dressed in a cow suit for a joke; or possibly to get free hay. If I had the bonk I would stop and milk it, nevertheless.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Mike Sales, lollipop time.

Surprised that it took you so long.

Somewhere in the middle, next.
Attachments
TTT.jpg