Rear mounted child seat for 1 year old

Cyclone

Rear mounted child seat for 1 year old

Post by Cyclone »

Hi,

I’m looking for a rear mounted child seat for my 1 year old, I think it will need the a panier rack and seat as I have cables in the rear post.

DD93A902-F3CC-4D5E-A705-A387A19EF9B6.jpeg

I know there have been similar posts in the past but I’m really struggling with working out which seat can go on which rack, I spoke to a guy at Halfords who said that they didn’t do them, and it’s hard to contact anyone at any other bike shops at the moment.

It’s also a case of what’s in stock, but I think I could probably get something from decathlon if I understood which racks I could use with child seats, is it any rack rated to 20kgish or specific ones?

Thanks!
PT1029

Re: Rear mounted child seat for 1 year old

Post by PT1029 »

Most rack mount childseats come with a rack, so compatability is solved. If you want to use it on more than 1 bike, you should be able to get a spare rack.
Beto and Topeak do such seats, among other makes.

There is also a general guide here : https://www.cyclinguk.org/guide/guide-t ... bike-seats

If you have a decent local bike shop, they should be able to advise, best to take the bike with you if you can.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I sent an email to my local bike shop and it turns out that the Halfords guy was wrong, the clamp on the Hamax bike seats us designed so that cables can route past without being affected, so I popped to the bike shop and bought the Hamax Kiss, the last one they had in stock. Good thing is that it’s cheaper than the panier rack ones too!

66429702-9FC1-4D6C-A47C-5CF077141E00.jpeg

Thanks!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

And more suspension than a rack one; I'd wager that makes it a bit comfier.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.