Child friendly Cycle computer

ClappedOut

Child friendly Cycle computer

Post by ClappedOut »

My Son has been asking about a cycling computer at 9 years old I'm concerned he will be put off and not concentrate on the road.
I'm thinking large display and as little number of buttons to press, ideally one button to look at stats and hold to reset
Current speed
Max speed
Distance ridden
Long battery life
Thanks
Tangled Metal

Re: Child friendly Cycle computer

Post by Tangled Metal »

Judging by my son's use of his tracker watch yours will probably just press buttons and let you know the data it gives out at every opportunity. I doubt it'll make much difference how basic or not since he might not be using the way you do just yet.

Likes of aldi and lidl do cheap and basic ones in the UK at times. Cateye are the main brand to look at for cycle computers. They do velo range iirc with different models for different numbers of functions. Basic but work.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Hi thanks, I did see the Aldi or lidl version end of last year and seem to remember poor reviews.
A fitness tracking watch could well be a better idea as stopped to check and I didn't think about it but presumably most bluetooth is 10m so could pair with my phone perhaps?
I will investigate as as long as it displays something he will be pleased.
Will look at the recommendations for a cycle computer, but a watch sounds a better idea so far.

Thanks
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

ClappedOut wrote:Hi thanks, I did see the Aldi or lidl version end of last year and seem to remember poor reviews.
A fitness tracking watch could well be a better idea as stopped to check and I didn't think about it but presumably most bluetooth is 10m so could pair with my phone perhaps?
I will investigate as as long as it displays something he will be pleased.
Will look at the recommendations for a cycle computer, but a watch sounds a better idea so far.

Thanks

remember, at 9yo he's probably more tech savvy than you will ever be - my soon to be 3yo grandson has been playing with tech since about 6 months! :roll:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Best to do without while cycling. One wonders how many 'accidents' these unnecessary devices have been associated with
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies