Battery query from complete newbie

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
bristolroversfc

Battery query from complete newbie

Post by bristolroversfc »

Hi.First post on here.
I purchased a "Pulse ZL2" and it arrived yesterday.
Ive charged battery fully,nistalled it into rear rack and switched the battery on,then switched on the power on handlebars.
All good so far.....however,the little battery instruction booklet tells me that when the display is turned off,the battery will fall into stand by mode.
Does this mean that when I return from a journey and park bike in shed,I then have to switch off the battery with the little power switch on side of battery to ensure everything is off?
Secondly,When I am riding the bike and decide that I am on the flat and do not need assistance for a while,I thought I had to press the off switch on the handlebars and then press again to resume assistance.
However,the booklet tells me "No support mode......Press the light button for 2 seconds to switch to no-support mode....under no-support mode,short press mode button to switch to mode 1"
The way I figure this is that the only buttons I should use are the light switch and then the mode button(not the power button as I originally thought)
Sorry if im a pain but dont want to ruin my new bike.
Thank you.
Adrian
hemo

Re: Battery query from complete newbie

Post by hemo »

When in stand by mode by turning off handlebar display then yes once parked up turn the battery switch off as well, some batteries may trickle drain all the time they are connected live to the controller (the brains) of the bike.

As regards to bike oepration and power assist modes, bike software have different sequences. For my bikes I just press the up or down buttons to either 0 or 1, in your case be directed by the user manual.

As an side how good is your shed during wet and colder spells it will be best to keep the battery in doors and charge in doors as well, also makes the bike worthless without both if someone takes you bike. Ideally a drape over the bike is a good idea to keep moisture away from the electrical side.
bristolroversfc

Re: Battery query from complete newbie

Post by bristolroversfc »

Thank you hemo.
Will make sure I switch the battery off when finished riding.
As for shed....its pretty good and Ive purchased Bulldog D lock with cable with good locks on shed itself.
Good idea though about covering the bike when not in use.
Thanks once again
Adrian