Page 4 of 4

Re: Road Tax for Electric Bikes ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2018, 6:14pm
by brynpoeth
51% of revenue on new bikes attributed to e-bikes last year in Germany
Revenue not units :wink:

Re: Road Tax for Electric Bikes ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2018, 6:24pm
by MikeF
jezer wrote:Ha ha, you had me going there for a moment :lol:
Its also got a few more going!
I think he posts in jest.
Bridal and toe paths - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Road Tax for Electric Bikes ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2018, 6:32pm
by landsurfer
OK. ... if i have my electricity from carbon based supplies, gas , coal, wood pellets etc then elect to buy my electricity from a "Green" or "Carbon Neutral" electricity company it makes no difference.
You can sign up to "Super Green Low Carbon Energy Ltd" and it will come off the Grid ... from a carbon based supply.
You have no control.
And if you think you can get electricity from a bio mass (wood pellet) powered power station, that has been shipped across the Atlantic in a ship powered by "Bunker Fuel" and delivered to the power station (Tinsley, Sheffield) by Diesel powered HGV'S then you need to research the real world of power generation and distribution.

Re: Road Tax for Electric Bikes ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2018, 6:39pm
by brynpoeth
The thing is to save energy where possible! Put on a jersey instead of using the heating

Re: Road Tax for Electric Bikes ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2018, 7:49pm
by Cunobelin
MikeF wrote:
jezer wrote:Ha ha, you had me going there for a moment :lol:
Its also got a few more going!
I think he posts in jest.
Bridal and toe paths - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toe path - someone footing the tax bill

Re: Road Tax for Electric Bikes ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2018, 7:58pm
by Cunobelin
landsurfer wrote:OK. ... if i have my electricity from carbon based supplies, gas , coal, wood pellets etc then elect to buy my electricity from a "Green" or "Carbon Neutral" electricity company it makes no difference.
You can sign up to "Super Green Low Carbon Energy Ltd" and it will come off the Grid ... from a carbon based supply.
You have no control.
And if you think you can get electricity from a bio mass (wood pellet) powered power station, that has been shipped across the Atlantic in a ship powered by "Bunker Fuel" and delivered to the power station (Tinsley, Sheffield) by Diesel powered HGV'S then you need to research the real world of power generation and distribution.



It is more like a rain barrel

40% is rainwater, and the other 60% from the domestic water supply

You cannot guarantee which you will actually get at the bottom, but that does not change the fact that you put in 40% of rainwater, and reduced the amount taken from the domestic supply

Re: Road Tax for Electric Bikes ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2018, 9:43pm
by MikeF
Cunobelin wrote:
MikeF wrote:
jezer wrote:Ha ha, you had me going there for a moment :lol:
Its also got a few more going!
I think he posts in jest.
Bridal and toe paths - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toe path - someone footing the tax bill
Good one! :D