Folding ebike recommendations

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
Canard07

Folding ebike recommendations

Post by Canard07 »

Hi,

I've been asked to look into sourcing a folding ebike for my employer and am looking for any guidance as to which models are well-regarded and which should be avoided, so happy to hear any reviews either way. The proposed bike would primarily be used for city riding (attending meetings etc) and used in combination with trains for "last mile transport". Our theoretical budget is £700-2000 (more likely the lower end!). Thanks in advance.

C
robgul

Re: Folding ebike recommendations

Post by robgul »

Why a folder? Most are not very compact when folded and tend to be heavier than a standard ebike.

That said the Lectro LE 001 isn't bad for a step-through folder with good battery life/range - and just under £1,000 at £950 RRP [Shameless plug : I sell them in my shop]

Our view on price-point for any ebike is not less than £1,000/£1,100 for anything that's any good with a decent battery and quality components.

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
Lodge

Post by Lodge »

We bought my son a Raleigh Stow E-Way (£1100 last November). He commutes to work on this across Birmingham (generally by canal tow path, unless icy) and reckons it to be the best Christmas present ever. So far it's proving reliable and straightforward for him to maintain. Touch wood. It's ideal when living in a flat.
Canard07

Post by Canard07 »

robgul wrote:Why a folder?

See re. last mile transport. Booking conventional bikes on trains is a pain. Thanks though - shameless plugs welcome!
Canard07

Post by Canard07 »

Lodge wrote: reckons it to be the best Christmas present ever. So far it's proving reliable and straightforward for him to maintain.

That's very useful to hear, thank you.
Wesh-Laurence

Post by Wesh-Laurence »

I bought the Carrera Citycrossride.

The battery is housed in the main tube of the bike and therefore doesn't look like an ebike because you can't see the battery.

I have only just bought it and haven't ridden it yet.
Wesh-Laurence

Post by Wesh-Laurence »

The last post should have read "Carrera Crosscity".

Late last summer I bought my first ebike which I haven't used yet. That was a Orbea Gain road bike which also has the battery "hidden" in the down tube.