KICKSTAND FOR CROSSFUSE 17"

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
DRIVINGMAD

KICKSTAND FOR CROSSFUSE 17"

Post by DRIVINGMAD »

WHEN I PURCHASED MY CARRERA CROSSFUSE 17" ELECTRIC BIKE FROM HALFORDS THIS WEEK THEY DID NOT STOCK A KICKSTAND WHICH WOULD FIT THIS PARTICULAR ELECTRIC BIKE - CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A MAKE AND MODEL
stodd

Re: KICKSTAND FOR CROSSFUSE 17"

Post by stodd »

Nothing specific, but I have always found kickstands that fit on the chainstay work much better then ones that fit around the bottom bracket.
That's because the bike often spins around the bottom bracket ones if you have heavily laden panniers on the rear rack.
Our most successful stand was a Halfords bin end ... they don't seem to do that one any more.

I have not had any problems, BUT one warning I have seen about the rear ones (from Amazon review of https://www.amazon.co.uk/BV-Bicycle-Adj ... op?ie=UTF8)
BEWARE OF FITTING THIS TO AN ALUMINIUM BIKE FRAME. This product, whilst well made in itself, caused the rear wheel stay of my Giant Anthem 2 bike to deform. This damage is probably going to cost me upwards of £200 to repair, and the vendors will not accept any responsibility. Basically the twisting force exerted on the stay under load will wreck your bike's wheel stay. So whilst its well engineered and made, the concept of a kickstand just fastened to an aluminium stay is fundamentally mis-conceived and the fitting instructions and the web description do not warn you about this.
stodd

Re: KICKSTAND FOR CROSSFUSE 17"

Post by stodd »

I checked ours and saw that it has an extension to the seatstay. That makes it much more stable (and less risk of damage) than the ones just attached to the chainstay.