Fazua

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
Mike1

Fazua

Post by Mike1 »

I bought a new Pinarello in the UK. I am traveling to my home in Canada and decided to bring the bike with me but I can’t charge the battery using a North American adapter. It shows fully charged but when I disconnect the charging unit the battery turns off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A bit disappointed with Fazua they are aware of my problem but thus far no solution

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
Cugel

Re: Fazua

Post by Cugel »

Mike1 wrote:I bought a new Pinarello in the UK. I am traveling to my home in Canada and decided to bring the bike with me but I can’t charge the battery using a North American adapter. It shows fully charged but when I disconnect the charging unit the battery turns off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A bit disappointed with Fazua they are aware of my problem but thus far no solution

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my stupid phone.

I read an email from Fazua a week ago that said they were moving into the North American market for the first time via a partnership with Trek, who are offering a Fazua-equipped bike similar to your Pinarello "real soon now". Possibly "now". I believe this market included Canada. Presumably this Trek bike with a Fazua motor comes with a charger that suits various North American outlets? Therefore such a charger should be available ......

Is the voltage different in Canada (110 rather than 240V)? Has that damaged the battery perhaps? Is it the green lights on the battery showing it to be fully-charged?

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
horizon

Post by horizon »

Mike1 wrote:I bought a new Pinarello in the UK. I am traveling to my home in Canada and decided to bring the bike with me but I can’t charge the battery using a North American adapter. It shows fully charged but when I disconnect the charging unit the battery turns off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A bit disappointed with Fazua they are aware of my problem but thus far no solution

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my stupid phone.

Just to clarify my own understanding, are you proposing to take it on a plane?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Mike1

Post by Mike1 »

Looks like I resolved my issue with a different adapter. And these batteries can be shipped on a plane so long as you use a carrier that ships dangerous cargo. A bit pricy but I had to get the bike (and battery) to Canada

Thanks for the feedback

<< Tapatalk auto-spam removed at FORUM end. Please suppress autospam on your device . . . . . >>