Tern GSD S10

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
nez

Tern GSD S10

Post by nez »

Has anyone got one of these or tried one?
rbrian

Re: Tern GSD S10

Post by rbrian »

I have a Tern Vektron S10, which I'm very happy with. The GSD looks like a slightly longer non-folding version of the same thing. It rides very well, feeling both big and small - I can cut through small gaps and turn on a sixpence (maybe not with the GSD's extra length), yet it feels solid and substantial, almost like a motorbike, which boosts confidence riding in traffic. The kickstand copes well with the very heavy bike, and 20kgs of luggage. The Big Apple tyres are brilliant - they roll over anything, are comfortable, and have low rolling resistance, so it's easy to pedal even without the motor. I can pedal faster uphill on my Tern than my titanium Brompton, which is less than half the weight.

There's plenty of adjustment, so it should fit just about anyone, but the downside of that is there's more things to rattle and creak - I had to over-torque the handlebar for some peace and quiet.

The brakes are excellent, if a little noisy, but that's OK - it supplements the bell. 10 gears is plenty, and the electric assist is subtle. On the two lowest settings, I can't tell when it cuts off at 15.5mph, and even on the highest settings, it still isn't jarring.
Cynic? No, an optimist tempered by experience.
nez

Re: Tern GSD S10

Post by nez »

Thanks