Battery Charger Needed for Carrera Subway

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc.
ViewtifulT

Battery Charger Needed for Carrera Subway

Postby ViewtifulT » 23 May 2020, 8:10pm

Hi Guys,

Hoping I'm posting this in the correct place... forgive me if not.

I recently purchased a Carrera Subway from CycleRepublic.

The bike came without a charger for the battery. I'm looking online for a charger but I have no idea what I'm looking for!

See attached images, could someone direct me to the right place to buy a charger please:?

Thank you!
Image Attachments
ebike charger.jpg
ebike charger info.jpg
3pin.jpg

hemo

Re: Battery Charger Needed for Carrera Subway

Postby hemo » 24 May 2020, 10:30am

The charge port is similar to XLR3 pin 16mm connector but I expect that is the only similarity.
The SR Suntour system is bit unreliable and crap, for spares you are locked into Halfords as the system isn't commonly used elsewhere. The pins on the SR charger are known to be fragile and break, there may be a get around as I think Halfords might now sell/supply a charge adapter that uses the discharge pins for charging with a more robust connection. Just find your trousers with the deeper pockets.

stodd

Postby stodd » 24 May 2020, 12:18pm

Odd to sell without charger in the first place. I think alternatives to buying from Halfords will be difficult as hemo says.
Cycle Republic are themselves being bought by Pure Electric, but should still be able to help.

Also worth posting at https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums ... cussion.2/

Patrick80

Postby Patrick80 » 3 Jul 2020, 9:54am

Hi,
I broke the charger from my Carrera subway and am now looking for a replacement in the direction of the travel charger. Could you recommend something?