Full suspension e-bike

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc.
Garry Booth

Full suspension e-bike

Postby Garry Booth » 14 Jul 2020, 5:17pm

I know that there are full suspension (ie front and rear) mtb type e-bikes, but does anyone make a full suspension women specific e-bike for the road? The reason is that the person in mind has a fragile back. Thanks.

al_yrpal

Re: Full suspension e-bike

Postby al_yrpal » 14 Jul 2020, 5:18pm

Dont know of any but you could fit a Thud Buster seatpost.

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. Make a difference...

stodd

Postby stodd » 14 Jul 2020, 9:03pm

Interesting problem. Full suspension road bike seems pretty rare, without the woman specific and e-bike qualifications.

As al_yrpal says a suspension seatpost might help a lot. The Suntour NCX is pretty good at a lot less than half the price of the Thud Buster; I don't know how they compare though.

Garry Booth

Postby Garry Booth » 15 Jul 2020, 8:36am

Thanks for the comments re seat posts: I hadn't thought of that. Could be the way forward as it leaves the field open for choosing a bike.

stodd

Postby stodd » 15 Jul 2020, 8:58am

Some find sprung saddle effective as well as (or instead of) sprung seatpost. It seems (internet search not personal experience) that sprung saddle works better on high frequency 'roughness', and sprung seatpost on lower frequency bumps/potholes.

And fatter tyres, though that can remove some advantages of the road bike. Maybe a gravel bike would be a compromise there (as in reviews in last CTC mag). Depending on back problem details even a (semi-)recumbent?

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 15 Jul 2020, 9:47am

Garry Booth wrote:I know that there are full suspension (ie front and rear) mtb type e-bikes, but does anyone make a full suspension women specific e-bike for the road? The reason is that the person in mind has a fragile back. Thanks.

Reiss & Muller have onenin their catalogue but sit down before you look at the price,that said they're top quality machines.

OTOH as Al says a Cane Creek Thudbuster is a good alternative,I have the LT(Long Travel)version fitted on my MTB and it's great for taking the sting out of big hits when trail riding:- https://canecreek.com/product/thudbuster-lt/

BTW cheap suspension bikes aren't good at all,lacking effective spring damping adjustment to be of any real benefit
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

Garry Booth

Postby Garry Booth » 16 Jul 2020, 10:34am

Thanks a lot for the input.

bob simpson

Postby bob simpson » 16 Jul 2020, 2:33pm

Reise and Muller do the Culture which is a full suspension bike which would cover the needs. It's very expensive but not more so than so than a full suspension MTB.