e-scooters

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc.
mjr

Re: e-scooters

Postby mjr » 27 Jul 2020, 11:51am

cyclingfrogs wrote:Roger Geffen's article on e-scooters

What's that, then?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

Cyril Haearn

Postby Cyril Haearn » 27 Jul 2020, 11:52am

In the Gazette?
Entertainer, intellectual, idealist, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we dislike mortons

mjr

Re: e-bikes safety

Postby mjr » 27 Jul 2020, 11:53am

cyclingfrogs wrote:After all, research has shown that in 80-90% of collisions between pedestrians and vehicles, the pedestrians are to blame.

What research is that?

And given the absolute duty of vehicle users to drive/ride so they can stop within what they can see to be clear (and not only within what is not occupied), I expect most of those are shared blame with the vehicle user, unless the researcher is biased.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

rfryer

Postby rfryer » 27 Jul 2020, 12:55pm

stodd wrote:I think we would agree that whatever else, they should be banned on pavements (or maybe limited to 2.5mph or 5m distancing from nearest pedestrian) with immediate confiscation where that is broken.

I used one of the hire ones in Singapore. It was a great way to get around, but gutless on uphill slopes, and I would not have wanted to stray off the pavement and onto the road with those small wheels and limited acceleration.

kwackers

Postby kwackers » 27 Jul 2020, 1:55pm

stodd wrote:I think we would agree that whatever else, they should be banned on pavements (or maybe limited to 2.5mph or 5m distancing from nearest pedestrian) with immediate confiscation where that is broken.

They should be exactly the same as bicycles. No more, no less.