Recherche d'un bon modèle de vélo électrique

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc.
AaaGabin

Recherche d'un bon modèle de vélo électrique

Postby AaaGabin » 14 Dec 2020, 9:49am

Bonjour à tous et à toutes.
Je me présente, je m'appelle Gabrielle, et je viens de m'installer dans la ville de Londres car j'ai trouver un emploi. Cela a toujours été mon rêve de vivre dans cette ville. Je viens de belgique... autant vous dire cela va changer ma vie.
Bref... Je souhaite m'acheter un vélo électrique de ville car je ne souhaite pas prendre le métro pour me rendre à mon travail. En effet, je veux un vélo électrique pour pouvoir parcourir la ville et la découvrir. Et surtout avoir toujours ce sentiment de liberté.
Avant de partir sur Londres, je suis tombé sur le site https://meilleur-velo-electrique.com/ qui m'a donnée pas mal de renseignement sur certains modèles. Mais bon , peut être est-ce différent en Angleterre?
Mon nouveau travail se trouve à 8 km de mon appartement. Est-ce que vous avez des modèles à me conseiller? Je reste à l'affut de toutes les réponses. Merci à vous tous!!!

Ps: Ce message est en francais car je suis encore pas très doué avec l'anglais... mais j'apprends. Si vous le souhaitez, je peux écrire ce message en anglais, mais y aura plein de faute. :)
Last edited by AaaGabin on 28 Dec 2020, 9:58am, edited 1 time in total.

Cyril Haearn

Re: Recherche d'un bon modèle de vélo électrique

Postby Cyril Haearn » 14 Dec 2020, 10:04am

Formidable! Je comprend, aber ich lehne €-bikes ab
Vive le velo sans moteur, sans boite de vitesses!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies

Graham

Postby Graham » 14 Dec 2020, 10:06am

^ Hello Gabrielle, I'll do translation ( or mangulation ).

This belgium lady has just arrived to live in London and is looking for recommendations for an electric bike to do the 5 mile commute, and for otherwise travelling around.

Immediate response :

This is almost unanswerable, because there are so many different opportunities and constraints present at the detailed level.

The second thing that springs to mind is : 8km is entirely appropriate to an unassisted bicycle . . .simpler : cheaper : additional free exercise.
Last edited by Graham on 14 Dec 2020, 10:16am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improved translation / summary

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 14 Dec 2020, 10:13am

Bienvenue, Gabrielle.

How much do you want to pay?

Are there any hills to climb?

Do you think that you will use it for longer trips for pleasure as well as the 8 km commute?

Jonathan

PS: Have you found a good route to work? There are some experts here...

AaaGabin

Postby AaaGabin » 14 Dec 2020, 11:06am

Hello!
I try to write in english. Sorry for my mistakes...
My bike is not just for the work. This is too discver the city of London!
So my voyage during the days when i doesn't work, i go to discovor the city. And my trips are more longer than 8km.
I have a budget of 1500 pounds.

ps: very sorry for my english, it's very bad

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 14 Dec 2020, 11:08am

Thanks for those answers.

You're doing fine!

: - )

Jonathan

AaaGabin

Postby AaaGabin » 14 Dec 2020, 11:13am

Graham wrote:^ Hello Gabrielle, I'll do translation ( or mangulation ).

This belgium lady has just arrived to live in London and is looking for recommendations for an electric bike to do the 5 mile commute, and for otherwise travelling around.

Immediate response :

This is almost unanswerable, because there are so many different opportunities and constraints present at the detailed level.

The second thing that springs to mind is : 8km is entirely appropriate to an unassisted bicycle . . .simpler : cheaper : additional free exercise.

Merci beaucoup pour la traduction! J'ai un peu peur d'écrire en anglais, surtout sur un forum anglais... Mais promis, je vais très vite m'améliorer! I swear

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 14 Dec 2020, 11:31am

Have you seen a model that is currently your favourite?

That's often a good way to get other people to suggest alternatives...

Jonathan

mjr

Postby mjr » 14 Dec 2020, 12:16pm

AaaGabin wrote:Merci beaucoup pour la traduction! J'ai un peu peur d'écrire en anglais, surtout sur un forum anglais... Mais promis, je vais très vite m'améliorer! I swear

Don't be scared! English is fairly free-form and it is often said that the English can barely understand each other - and that's before you add the other English-speaking nations to the mix! You also have an advantage in that my midlander "mistakes"/dialect are seen as thick, but typical Franglais "mistakes" in English are often thought cute, and the Belgian attitude to jokes is closer to ours than the French, I think.

Surtout, vos phrases en anglais seront meilleures que la plupart des phrases en français en ce forum... la mienne incluse... like the word "meilleures" there just looks wrong to me and I can't think why!

Back to the bike! Cycle parking in London accommodation is often very limited and I think outdoor parking is not secure there. It's a big city and neither passers-by nor police really care about a bike being stolen, so if you want to leave a bike outside, it is probably not worth buying more than a "beater", a hack bike, something that few would want to nick. Even then, you probably want two locks, with one being a hardened D-lock, to avoid a walk home or annoying taxi trip.

The classic London solution is probably a folding bike. People seem to leave them in restaurant cloakrooms in London without trouble (I live 110 miles away but visited London often pre-covid). A folding Brompton Electric would be very London but expensive: an H6L Electric is listed at nearly £3000. Looking at other brands, I've heard and read good things about Wisper folding e-bikes which start from £1250.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 14 Dec 2020, 2:04pm

Gabrielle

Je presente un vélo électrique, origine ...La Belle France!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/original- ... FwQAvD_BwE

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. Make a difference...

AaaGabin

Postby AaaGabin » 14 Dec 2020, 2:37pm

Hello every one!
I think i prefer a folding bike (vélo électrique pliant en francais). It's better and more "pratique". More easy to take.
Thank you very much!!!

stodd

Postby stodd » 14 Dec 2020, 3:18pm

Consider the Woosh Rambletta.
https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rambletta
Very good value, Woosh are well known for excellent customer service, mostly pretty standard parts means it should be easy to keep on the road for many years.