Throttle on the left or right

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
ndwgolf

Re: Throttle on the left or right

Post by ndwgolf »

Pebble wrote:
ndwgolf wrote:Thanks for the feedback.........my plan is to put it on the right. The 500C display will go on the left and my Wahoo display will stay in the centre as this monitors my heart rate along with all the other stuff but good to see how many Heinekens I can have after the ride to cancel out the calories burned :D
Neil

with a 750w motor and a throttle will you burn any calories ? I take it the throttle is to over-ride assist and as such convert your bike into a motor bike ?

Ive no idea.....Ive never ridden a ebike before.........the throttle comes with the kit
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

hemo wrote:
kwackers wrote:
hemo wrote:Throttle is illegal as the kit is post 2016, just so you know.

You don't know what he's doing with the bike?
Plus it's a 750w motor so I suspect the legality of the throttle is of little concern.

But definitely on the right - it's just where they should be.

Your right I don't know but unless the user/builder is going to take the bike to a MSVA centre to licence it, it will not ne legal nor will the bike any way.

I guess I forgot to mention that I live in sunny Phuket (Thailand)..........they are not illegal in Thailand
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Yes, throttle on the right, clutch on the left. And fit your gear change so as you can use it with your left foot. And of course your right pedal will be for the rear brake.
My first Harley, a '45', had a foot clutch... from stock, it was a rocker pedal, fitted with a damper.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

simonineaston wrote:
Yes, throttle on the right, clutch on the left. And fit your gear change so as you can use it with your left foot. And of course your right pedal will be for the rear brake.
My first Harley, a '45', had a foot clutch... from stock, it was a rocker pedal, fitted with a damper.

"first"?
You've had more than one? ;)

I only rode one, admittedly back in the 70's. Never again, although I believe they've improved...
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

You've had more than one?
Hmmm... Not something I usually admit to, but me and sundry chums went through a ton of quite nice bikes, back in the late '70s. I had 3 H-Ds, none of which I liked that much - rather too agricultural for this 10 stone softie! I had the 45, and ex-Saudi police Electraglide and a positively vicious iron-barrel Sportster, which I could barely kick over... :shock:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)