Strava Question

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
casadmack74

Strava Question

Post by casadmack74 »

Hey, just a question for those that logged trips with both an ebike and their standard bike in 2020... Was it easy to separate your stats and goals? What did your end of year stats look like? I haven't logged any ebike miles yet but I've been thinking about using a separate app.
PH

Re: Strava Question

Post by PH »

Watching with interest.
I didn't think there was a way to do so, I looked because I'd like separate different sorts of rides, but couldn't find a way to do so, happy to be wrong on this one.
You can of course see the distances by bike, in your own profile. Alternatively you can set up multiple accounts, which I know some people doing virtual miles have done.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Only way I can think of is to have two bikes listed on your Strava profile.

Settings -- My Gear -- Add Bike

Add the two bikes and when you've done rides on he-bike or e-bike then you'll need to change the bike used, one will be a default seelction and all ride mileage will assume to be the default bike unless changed during sync from phone or edit the ride if using a Garmin etc.
borisface

Post by borisface »

After you have uploaded your ride, go to edit activity and change the activity to ebike ride from ride (it's a drop down menu and ebike ride is near the bottom) that way you won't be falsely claiming KOMs. As another poster has suggested add a new bike but I think this will only give you the mileage stats and as it is a simple cumulative total, you might want to add another new bike after a year.