Screwed up the battery holder hold down bolt so moved the battery to here

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

Well everything was going along nicely until I managed to cross thread the bottle holder bolt while installing the battery holder......... the rivet below broke loose and because the frame is so bloody thin there I decided to mount the battery on the upright.
To be honest the battery fits in there really really snug like it was meant to go in there. Today I bought some bungee cords to wrap around the battery and frame as a secondary retention system....... it’s turned out nicely
Tomorrow I will pop over to the local bike shop to see if they have any of those handlebar and seat bags as I think that would be a great place to hide all the Bafang cable connections and also keep them out of the weather.
NeilImage

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
philg

Re: Screwed up the battery holder hold down bolt so moved the battery to here

Post by philg »

That does look neat.

I use these rather than bungees as secondary retention and they work well (so far!)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfatex-by-V ... 2749.l2649

If you did want to move back to the downtube, then you can fit rivnuts (also ebay) to add more cage mounts.
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

Having carried out a few conversions, that looks like a good compromise! Surely bigger zips would be tidier than bungee, and plenty strong enough! As philg says, you could replace the rivnut if you wanted to reposition.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

philg wrote:That does look neat.

I use these rather than bungees as secondary retention and they work well (so far!)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfatex-by-V ... 2749.l2649

If you did want to move back to the downtube, then you can fit rivnuts (also ebay) to add more cage mounts.

That’s exactly what I need
Did you get the 2.5 x 50cm straps?

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
philg

Post by philg »

I have 25 & 50mm widths, I prefer the wider ones they are really strong.

Length obviously chosen for the location, IIRC mine are 600mm
Ebay is a pain for multiple choice items in that when you have a look at your order it doesn't tell you which option you ordered (well not for me anyway)
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

philg wrote:I have 25 & 50mm widths, I prefer the wider ones they are really strong.

Length obviously chosen for the location, IIRC mine are 600mm
Ebay is a pain for multiple choice items in that when you have a look at your order it doesn't tell you which option you ordered (well not for me anyway)

I also couldn’t understand what I was buying on eBay so bought them off Amazon instead Image