Swytch eBike Battery and LCD Missing!

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
RyanUK

Swytch eBike Battery and LCD Missing!

Post by RyanUK »

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get active, and not getting any younger. I order a Swytch eBike conversion kit 7-8 months ago, and received it this weekend! Anyway, I noticed that there is no LCD on my battery! I have the Pro battery kit, so the more expensive one. Most of the images I have seen, especially YouTube how-to videos, show a battery with LCD!

So, I am wondering, did I get the wrong item or did Swytch remove the LCD from their batteries? And for what reason? Save energy? Something else? If know the answer please let me know.

I have emailed Swytch support, but tickets I have raised in the past took some time to get a reply. So, I felt it might be a good idea to ask the community here because if there are any issues I want to deal with it, ideally within the 14 day period.

I haven't had a chance to test the bike yet because of the snow, I just finished adding the kit to my bike just now.

Also, I bought a spare battery from them, just in case because I sensed that the batteries may not last long cycle jouneys. I could be wrong! Did anyone else do this with their e-bike kit's, even if it's not a Swytch brand?

Thank you for reading.

Ryan
fivebikes

Re: Swytch eBike Battery and LCD Missing!

Post by fivebikes »

Hi,
The LCD was on the first generation Swytch power packs.
The second generation has the red LEDs only.
I have a spare battery pack for our ARCC Moulton but these use Bosch garden product batteries so a second was relatively inexpensive.
Not tried the range on the Swytch pro yet!
stodd

Post by stodd »

It's quite common for people to have two batteries for their bikes to increase range; especially with lightweight kits with small batteries like the Swytch, where even the pro battery is well below typical ebike battery capacity. Usually just take one (for weight), but take a second for longer rides.

You'll find quite a few examples, and maybe other useful information, on https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums ... ussion.42/

Enjoy your riding, I'm sure you will.
RyanUK

Post by RyanUK »

Thank you both for answering my question. I appreciate it. :)