Program BBSHD Controller not on motor

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
yavanzhai55

Program BBSHD Controller not on motor

Post by yavanzhai55 »

I am trying to chase down an issue with my BBSHD. I purchased a new controller but am still getting error 30h with my display plugged into the unit.

I tried plugging in a display cable with the orange/brown cables shorted to rule out a display issue but still no love.

I checked continuity on the harness going from the controller to the display and that checks out alright. I am not ruling out a short within this harness yet there is no evidence that the harness is the issue.

I attempted to connect to the new controller to attempt to change the firmware settings to see if a refresh of the settings would set it straight but I am unable to get the controller to talk to the software. I successfully programmed the previous controller on a few different occasions with the setup without any issues so I am starting to think the controller may be a dud.

I would like to pull the motor side casing off to ensure there isn't shorting occurring on that end of the unit but I would also like to continue to try and troubleshoot the controller.

A very long winded ramble to ask if one can program the BBSHD controller without it being connected to the motor?
hemo

Re: Program BBSHD Controller not on motor

Post by hemo »

Error is display comm's so could be the display, one assumes not pins are bent.
stodd

Re: Program BBSHD Controller not on motor

Post by stodd »

Try asking at https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums ... ussion.42/
There are several very technically clued up contributors there.