I do not like so called E-bikes. Read on

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
leftpoole

I do not like so called E-bikes. Read on

Post by leftpoole »

PH

Re: I do not like so called E-bikes. Read on

Post by PH »

Do you dislike washing machines for the same reason?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

It happened once with someone's fridge. Got rid of my fridge the next day. Same with cars, iPads, mobile phones....
John
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Grenfell?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
richtea99

Post by richtea99 »

Sitting on your (battery-free) sofa instead of going out on your eBike is more life threatening on average.
That doesn't really make a good news item though.

I have to say I like the way the bike is laid out - almost like an archaeological dig uncovering a 2,000 year-old find.
The discs look reusable. Bonus.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

I tell you what annoys me - articles about things that happen in Australia in a UK-based newspaper... !! I mean what is the point of Australia - apart from Kylie, obs
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

simonineaston wrote:I tell you what annoys me - articles about things that happen in Australia in a UK-based newspaper... !! I mean what is the point of Australia - apart from Kylie, obs

Sir Les Patterson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULFMp4jKBo
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

simonineaston wrote:I tell you what annoys me - articles about things that happen in Australia in a UK-based newspaper... !! I mean what is the point of Australia - apart from Kylie, obs

Kylie indeed! Number one for me,,
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Oldjohnw wrote:It happened once with someone's fridge. Got rid of my fridge the next day. Same with cars, iPads, mobile phones....

Excellent, I’m with you all the way......
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

A serious aspect to that that annoys me a lot is that the Guardian news feed fails to make it clear when an article is about the UK or Australia - both Guardian UK and Guardian (Aus) post the the same feeds and often just flagged "World". Why they can't they add the country the report relates to.

Ian
richtea99

Post by richtea99 »

Psamathe wrote:A serious aspect to that that annoys me a lot is that the Guardian news feed fails to make it clear when an article is about the UK or Australia - both Guardian UK and Guardian (Aus) post the the same feeds and often just flagged "World". Why they can't they add the country the report relates to.

Ian

Whereas I like it. It's good to read another countries news. It gives you a different perspective on life.

Next you'll tell me that you can't tell if it's Man U or Man U Women that they're reporting on. :wink:
Mike_Ayling

Post by Mike_Ayling »

[quote="simonineaston"]I tell you what annoys me - articles about things that happen in Australia in a UK-based newspaper... !! I mean what is the point of Australia - apart from Kylie, ob

The Seekers
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

simonineaston wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 5:01pm I tell you what annoys me - articles about things that happen in Australia in a UK-based newspaper... !! I mean what is the point of Australia - apart from Kylie, obs
Close links and history: close ally and friend - kith and kin to use an older phrase.

Shared endeavours on battlefields.

They make take the mickey out of us non-stop but the friendship is close and enduring.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
oldtimer99

Post by oldtimer99 »

Had a plug burn out yesterday. Bit weird.
Have removed all plugs from the house. Bit tricky shoving wires straight into the socket holes.

Will rethink my strategy after my ride today. On my ebike.

Unless it spontaneously combusts