Arcc TSR Moulton

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
bikercolin

Arcc TSR Moulton

Post by bikercolin »

Come across this in this month's Cycle.
Quite fancy one of these, has anyone got any experience with Arcc or the Moulton.
Aikon

Re: Arcc TSR Moulton

Post by Aikon »

ARCC yes, on one of their demo Bromptons, I will be getting my M6L converted at some point, the system is excellent, plenty of power, smooth delivery, really well thought out & engineered.
fivebikes

Post by fivebikes »

We have the previous ARCC conversion (with the controls on the top of the battery mount), of the older TSR 27, with the SRAM 9 speed cassette and 3 speed rear hub.
Very happy with it. The power delivery is good
It has a similar, handlebar mounted, Bluetooth controller to the current version.
The battery life is not huge but as they are light and cheap it’s easy carrying a spare.
Very well finished and the fitting is first rate.
Also have one of the newer Swytch kits on a Brompton. That’s a diy fit but the overall result is very good although not as good as the ARCC. The Swytch kit is much cheaper though.
There were a few shops with ARCC demonstrators I think.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

There are several TSR owners on this forum, and they've made several posts that would be of interest to someone who wants to find out about the TSR experience beyond the maker's blurb, this for instance.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137307
I was thinking of an Arcc conversion to an existing TSR and have formed the view that the hardware is nicely made, but at £1800-ish on top of the cost of the bike, I'm not sure it represents super value-for-money... My Brompton was converted by Nano for considerably less, and to good effect, too.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
fivebikes

Post by fivebikes »

In agreement with Simon. I was extremely fortunate in getting a used ARCC TSR for a very good price on here, a couple of years back.
As for the TSR experience. I think they are great! Comfortable, good to ride, easy to mount/unmount and they do hold value!
If you are extremely lucky, you might find a used TSR in good condition for a decent price and then have the conversion done. As I said though. Used TSRs command good money but you might strike lucky!
Or go down the Swytch road. They sell a 20” conversion but check the actual wheel size as I think 20” can vary?!? Easy to fit and on the Brompton, works well.