Jdsk

Re: Whyte

Post by Jdsk »

Well done, and thanks for the update.

Jonathan
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

arnsider wrote: 20 May 2021, 4:42pm I use a debit card so cannot avail myself of the protection
You are protected with the Chargeback scheme . a way to get their money back from their bank if they purchased something faulty, paid for service that was not provided or if the company stops trading and the goods purchased were not delivered. when using any of the following Debit cards
Visa and Visa Electron cards
MasterCard debit cards
Maestro debit cards
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
slowster

Post by slowster »

It might be worth starting (yet) another thread seeking advice on a suitable rear wheel build. Having read your other threads, in your shoes I would be tempted to go for overkill, and get something like a 36h Sputnik, XT M756A hub, and differential gauge DS/NDS spokes, assuming the wheel would be used with 35mm or similar tyres.

I have no personal experience of the Sputnik, but by all accounts it is very good strong rim suitable for heavily loaded touring, and I cannot recall any owners complaining about difficulties fitting tyres or getting them to seat evenly and round on the rim. The downside is it is heavy, but maybe that would matter much less on an ebike.

I think Shimano have discontinued the XT M756A hub, but it is still possible to find some retailers who have stocks. I think one of the advantages of that hub is the relatively wide flange, and I imagine that would be even more beneficial on an ebike with a mid drive motor.

But as I said, maybe best to start another thread, because others much more knowledgeable than me might disagree and have much better suggestions.