Nano advertises second-hand 'leccy Bromptons

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
simonineaston

Nano advertises second-hand 'leccy Bromptons

Post by simonineaston »

Just thought I'd flag the fact that nano, who make 'leccy conversions for Bromptons, appear to advertise the occasional second-hand model... see here, for example.
I'm not in any way associated with the company except as a happy customer.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Pete Cuthbert

Re: Nano advertises second-hand 'leccy Bromptons

Post by Pete Cuthbert »

Should be a reasonable buy. We have the Nano technology fitted to a handcycle and to our tandem trike. It has worked well for both applications and the 6Ah Bosch battery system is cheap(ish) at around £100 per battery with 3 year warranty. Being so ubiquitous these batteries are easy to get re-built. The only warning is not to run them to flat or you have just wasted £100.

Pete
simonineaston

Re: Nano advertises second-hand 'leccy Bromptons

Post by simonineaston »

Cool! My own Bosch battery is now just over 4 years old and although obviously unable to hold a charge as readily as it did when new, it's still good for my local journies round town, here in Brizzl.
Funnily enough I was talking to a chum this week about the possibility of rebuilding these and you have reminded me to get googling!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)