Bosch Tour+ mode

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
BertYardbrush

Bosch Tour+ mode

Post by BertYardbrush »

The Bosch Tour+ mode is available for bikes with the Bosch CX motor, model 2020 on. It's not part of an update, it's an add on for which you pay.
The cost varies and it takes less than a minute to install. I was charged £20 by the place I bought the bike from and was quoted £35 elsewhere. I have had my Cube Kathmandu just over a week, I've done two good rides without Tour+ and yesterday went on a ride with Tour+ installed. I have a Bosch Intuiva display which has a bar displaying the amount of power being used by the motor, does the same job as a rev counter on a motor car, the higher the bar the more battery you are using. It took some time to adapt to this.
The main thing is, if you want to ride economically, going uphill you have to go down the gears, put a bit of work in and ascend at the same pace an an unpowered bike. I was going up steep hills, 8 to 10% at 4 to 5mph. On the flat, at a steady 11 to 15mph, it used hardly any battery. I did 41.5 miles with 3200ft ascent averaging 11mph and used about 50% of the 625 battery, which I think is rated at 600Wh. I did go into turbo mode for the last couple of pennine testers.
The mode is similar to eMTB mode but with less power output therefore more suited to longer rides.
Has anyone else had Tour+ installed.
MarcusT

Re: Bosch Tour+ mode

Post by MarcusT »

I regularly use the emtb mode, but have found that it does not significantly save power. However, it is convenient for hilly rides
I wish it were as easy as riding a bike
fossala

Post by fossala »

BertYardbrush wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 8:18pm The Bosch Tour+ mode is available for bikes with the Bosch CX motor, model 2020 on. It's not part of an update, it's an add on for which you pay.
The cost varies and it takes less than a minute to install. I was charged £20 by the place I bought the bike from and was quoted £35 elsewhere. I have had my Cube Kathmandu just over a week, I've done two good rides without Tour+ and yesterday went on a ride with Tour+ installed. I have a Bosch Intuiva display which has a bar displaying the amount of power being used by the motor, does the same job as a rev counter on a motor car, the higher the bar the more battery you are using. It took some time to adapt to this.
The main thing is, if you want to ride economically, going uphill you have to go down the gears, put a bit of work in and ascend at the same pace an an unpowered bike. I was going up steep hills, 8 to 10% at 4 to 5mph. On the flat, at a steady 11 to 15mph, it used hardly any battery. I did 41.5 miles with 3200ft ascent averaging 11mph and used about 50% of the 625 battery, which I think is rated at 600Wh. I did go into turbo mode for the last couple of pennine testers.
The mode is similar to eMTB mode but with less power output therefore more suited to longer rides.
Has anyone else had Tour+ installed.
It is part of an update. It literally comes up on the update screen when it asks what mode and crank the bike uses.
BertYardbrush

Post by BertYardbrush »

What display gives you the update information.

Sorry haven't got quotes mastered
fossala

Post by fossala »

BertYardbrush wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 4:25pm What display gives you the update information.

Sorry haven't got quotes mastered
You have to take it to a shop as the software is locked with a security USB key. I was on about the screen in the workshop I work in.