Wisper 705 Front light

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
DiggyGun

Wisper 705 Front light

Post by DiggyGun »

My wife has a Wisper 705 and the front light is not too bright.

This is a 36 volt, 5 watt LED type.

Can anyone recommend an upgrade / better light that will run off the battery.

Many thanks.
stodd

Re: Wisper 705 Front light

Post by stodd »

DiggyGun wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 10:58pm My wife has a Wisper 705 and the front light is not too bright.

This is a 36 volt, 5 watt LED type.

Can anyone recommend an upgrade / better light that will run off the battery.

Many thanks.
You will already have seen vfr400's response on pedelecs, but copied here as a warning to others ...

You can't use the existing wiring if the light is switched by the controller because the light is switched by a low power transistor, which will blow if you fit a more powerful light. Instead use rechargeable battery lights. You can get some really good ones on Ebay for about£25 with the powerpack and charger.

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/thread ... ght.41707/
DiggyGun

Post by DiggyGun »

Yes, thanks for this, posted query on a couple forums.

Looking at leaving that light in situ and getting a Cateye or Moon front light and as a handlebar bag is used, either position it on the fork legs or steering tube.

The other alternative is to remove the existing light, tidy up the wiring and getting a Cateye front light with a fork mount and use that instead, but that would leave no front light if it went flat or had a problem.

Waiting on Moon to advise the maximum diameter of their RB25 mount, unless anyone knows that.

We currently use some Moon lights and like them but any thoughts on a comparison with Cateye front lights.
    hemo

Post by hemo »

My KT controllers has a separate light circuit, I run this via a horn/light switch and use a 100lux front lamp and a bright rear LED. The 100lux light still only draws 5w and the 30lux rear < 1w, both are bright for town night riding &even daylight riding.
    The one below replaced the feeble one I was using.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285682 ... 4c4dOgeIDc

Vfr400 will be assuming that more then 5w will be drawn so only look at the light specs (lux output but also the wattage consumed).
    DiggyGun

Post by DiggyGun »

We ended up getting a 450 lumen Moon front light which is bright enough for what we need