Cost of Cytronex Repair

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
Ivorcadaver

Cost of Cytronex Repair

Post by Ivorcadaver »

Anybody any experience of getting a Cytronex repaired? Mine keeps dropping into fault mode. I have been in touch with Cytronex and it seems that the battery contacts may have suffered ‘arcing’. They are extremely pushy about returning the battery for diagnostic but refuse to give me any idea of the likely repair cost, merely stating that ‘repairs are usually cost effective’, whatever that means! I am loathe to return it to then be told it’s £00s to repair and then go through the faff and cost of getting the faulty battery back should it be too expensive to fix. Cytronex don’t like speaking to customers and all communication has to be by email which is a bit irritating. Might consider a Swytch kit rather than repair.
bikes4two

Re: Cost of Cytronex Repair

Post by bikes4two »

That's a disappointing Customer Service experience - can you not pin them down to a return cost if repair is too pricey? I'm guessing that they want the battery in for a look-see as it'll be important for them to understand the reason for your problems - all part of their product development.

I only know one guy with the Cytronex kit and it's on a tandem and as far as I know, it has not given him any problems.

As the reply you got on the pedelecs forum says, you're not oblidged to accept their costs but as I said, it would be best to agree a return charge.
Without my stoker, every trip would only be half a journey