Ebike Charger Connector

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
groberts

Ebike Charger Connector

Post by groberts »

I've just broken the end of the barrel connector from the charger that plugs into the battery. It's a simple 2.1 x 5.5 barrel connector which I hope can just be cut off and replaced. I found such a connector on Amazon (see picture) but unfortunately it's not quite right. In order to hold the said connector firmly there's a small metal clip inside which grips onto the pin for this purpose - very similar to the one on my computer charger. I've looked high and low online but despite being found commonly on such chargers (Ebikes and computers) I can not find one. Just wondered of anyone might know of a source?

Graham
IMG_20211026_164606018_1.jpg
IMG_20211026_164302347_1.jpg
bikes4two

Re: Ebike Charger Connector

Post by bikes4two »

• In the event you don't find a suitable barrel plug, maybe look around for one on a redundant piece of kit or at a boot sale
  • Just cut off the plug of the broken lead and the donor one leaving enough cable to rejoin the donar plug to the charger, solder and heat shrink - job done :)
  • I salvaged one from a number of spare PC chargers that I have a habit of putting in the 'just in case' box only a few days ago
hemo

Re: Ebike Charger Connector

Post by hemo »

I prefer and use these DC 5.5 x 2.1 jacks.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143991818437 ... Swzx9gYbaL

If I ever have a charging problem and don't know if the issue is the battery one can simply get voltage at the charge end of the battery as well by simply plonking one of these in the dc port on it's own and use the contacts without shorting the battery.