Voting at the CTC/CUK AGM 2020

Summer 2020 - Cycle Magazine announcement about membership changes
Philip Benstead

Voting at the CTC/CUK AGM 2020

Post by Philip Benstead »

Phil Hall
Dir. of Organisational Effectiveness & Finance
Cycling UK wrote:
For those able or willing to attend the AGM ‘in person’ there will be an option to cast your vote during the meeting using your individual unique security code. We recognise that not all members will be able to do this and therefore may wish to vote by proxy or in advance. In order to ensure we are able to form an accurate view of the voting decision on the motions we require that voting forms and /or proxy votes are therefore provided in advance of the meeting.

Best wishes
Phil Hall

Last edited by Graham on 3 Aug 2020, 7:58am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Layout to clarify source of statement.
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
moultoneer

Re: Voting at the CTC/CUK AGM 2020

Post by moultoneer »

When is the AGM and deadline? I STILL haven't received the magazine with the details. Is this a deliberate ploy to stifle dissent? This organisation goes from bad to worse, can't see staying with it much longer.
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

moultoneer wrote:When is the AGM and deadline? I STILL haven't received the magazine with the details. Is this a deliberate ploy to stifle dissent? This organisation goes from bad to worse, can't see staying with it much longer.

Details here

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=139693
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Philip Benstead wrote:
moultoneer wrote:When is the AGM and deadline? I STILL haven't received the magazine with the details. Is this a deliberate ploy to stifle dissent? This organisation goes from bad to worse, can't see staying with it much longer.

Details here

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=139693

I doubt it is a deliberate ploy: I have my magazine as do others.
John
Queens Park Pete

Post by Queens Park Pete »

Well I am still waiting for my magazine. Perhaps one of the people who moan about theirs could send it to me?
Ant...

Post by Ant... »

How do I vote in advance? going to the voting site only gives me the choice of proxy or chairs vote after putting in my codes.
PH

Post by PH »

Ant... wrote:How do I vote in advance? going to the voting site only gives me the choice of proxy or chairs vote after putting in my codes.

Yes it's a proxy vote, all the votes are cast at the time, all you're doing in advance is instructing your proxy what you want them to do.
Using the chair as proxy is common, you can direct them to vote as you wish, or to place your vote at their discretion which is pretty much a vote of confidence in the board.
Ant...

Post by Ant... »

A proxy vote by the chair, is not voting in advance, as stated by the first messsage on this forum.
PH

Post by PH »

Ant... wrote:A proxy vote by the chair, is not voting in advance, as stated by the first messsage on this forum.

No, you can send the form back to vote in advance. Whatever you do the votes are counted on the day.
kensevenoaks

Post by kensevenoaks »

Got the magazine OK but had discarded the voting forms before I realised their significance.
Went online and requested my Security Code from the website in the suggested manner - but no response.
Did this 3 times, all with no response.
Eventually I emailed both CyclingUK and Civica which elicited the required information; voting was then quite straightforward.
My concern is that many people might just 'give up' and not vote if they can't easily get their Security Code.
Just heard from a friend who has had exactly the same experience.
RickH

Post by RickH »

I'm sure there was something on the envelope (but no longer have it to confirm) to drawattentikn to the fact that there were important AGM papers inside. There usually is something to that effect.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
roger

Post by roger »

Our magazines had not arrived yesterday(21/8/20). Rang Membership who arranged for copies to be sent from Guilford.
2 arrived this morning, both postmarked 21/08/2020.

Well done.
gaz

Post by gaz »

RickH wrote:I'm sure there was something on the envelope ...

IMG_20200823_165715.jpg
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Queens Park Pete

roger wrote:Our magazines had not arrived yesterday(21/8/20). Rang Membership who arranged for copies to be sent from Guilford.

Well done.

Who did you speak to? I have sent emails, spoken to two different staff (13/8 and the following week), PMd Nicola Marshall. And still 14 days after being promised by two different people telling me it was "actioned" I still haven't received the August magazine - or the Flaming June one! And today, no one is answering the phone.

Ramblers have already got the autumn edition of "Walk" to me!

Stop Press.
Phoned and hopefully it should be her by Wednesday.
Queens Park Pete

Queens Park Pete wrote:
roger wrote:Our magazines had not arrived yesterday(21/8/20). Rang Membership who arranged for copies to be sent from Guilford.

Well done.

Who did you speak to? I have sent emails, spoken to two different staff (13/8 and the following week), PMd Nicola Marshall. And still 14 days after being promised by two different people telling me it was "actioned" I still haven't received the August magazine - or the Flaming June one! And today, no one is answering the phone.

Ramblers have already got the autumn edition of "Walk" to me!

Stop Press.
Phoned and hopefully it should be her by Wednesday.

All received today- friday. Many thanks!