The age concession: a crisis of conscience

Summer 2020 - Cycle Magazine announcement about membership changes
swscotland bentrider

Re: The age concession: a crisis of conscience

Post by swscotland bentrider »

I've been a member for many years. When the CTC changed into a corporate organisation, albeit a charity, I grimaced but remained a member. With this latest change I'm afraid I'm out. There are no principles at stake here. Simply the club has gone and the thing that has taken its place no longer earns my loyalty like a club does. Its simply a transactional relationship. At the new price it is poor value. With a heavy heart when my renewal falls due next month I'm out.
ElaineB

Post by ElaineB »

Yes, I feel the same way. I joined a club and it is not one anymore, sadly.
I was sent my membership card even though I emailed them in the autumn to say I would not renew. The envelope also contained a leaflet that mentioned they were busy ‘supporting the seniors’, whatever that means, I’m half expecting to receive a set of stabilisers! Think I’m quite capable of peddling off into the future without any support from CUK.
swscotland bentrider

Impact of the policy

Are there plans to provide feedback regarding these changes? Are there plans to review them?

I am not renewing. There will be many others. But how many? And is this loss compensated for by new members?

How is the loss of volunteers and experience to be remedied?

A lot has been made of the insurance benefits and it struck me that CUK is mirroring the behaviour of the commercial insurance brokers. They do not reward or incentivise loyalty. Rather they rely on people who renew without looking and a constant stream of new business.

I ride motorcycles as well. Fully comp on my Honda is £90.00. CUK's offer doesn't really compare well does it?
Jdsk

Re: Impact of the policy

Post by Jdsk »

Which changes are these, please?

Thanks

Jonathan
swscotland bentrider

Re: Impact of the policy

Sorry. My bad. :oops: I am referring to the decision to increase membership fees for seniors.
Graham

Post by Graham »

topic merge