County Highways department gaffes

gar

County Highways department gaffes

Postby gar » 13 Aug 2005, 3:25pm

Somebody described a county road paint gaffe which made a cycle path go straight thru a tree.
Shall we make a list? Please take a moment to
write down your favourite Highways department .... idiots' trips for cyclists!

Gar

Jim Crosskell

Re:County Highways department gaffes

Postby Jim Crosskell » 14 Aug 2005, 8:45am

You must be a muggle, it leads to somewhere far more exciting than the tree!

gar

Postby gar » 14 Aug 2005, 3:39pm

What you mean the path of an oncoming car, or worse the path of an oncoming tree?

g

Jim Davis

Postby Jim Davis » 15 Aug 2005, 10:05am

I'm sure of the web address but if you go to the website of the Warrington Cycle Campaign, take a look at the 'Facilities of the Month' section if you want to have a chuckle at County Councils commitment to lunacy.

Also the Weird Cycle Lanes of Brighton (again, look it up on google) site has excellent sections on pathetically designed cycle lanes submitted by people across the land and also how it could be done (ie pictures taken of facilities in Holland, Belgium and France).

handallyingharry

Postby handallyingharry » 15 Aug 2005, 2:59pm

www.weirdcyclelanes.co.uk/
www.thebikezone.org.uk/thebikezone/eastriding/facilities1.html
These links will get u there.

Prize for the best gaffe picture, and a letter to the local newspaper with .gif/.jpg perhaps.

Looking through those above some of them are not that obvious but some are absolutely hilarious if they were not completely lethal to anybody unwise enough to use them.... without looking!

Do press hyperlinks above

Handy

Ps now I think about it that was how I broke my leg. county council gaffe and they have still done nothing!