CPS and Police procedures

jatindersangha

Re: CPS and Police procedures

Post by jatindersangha »

Looks like the driver of the Citroën van in case 2 has found my video on YouTube and filed a privacy complaint.

Recorded by me in public with a fleeting glimpse of the driver.

Any ideas on how to approach this other than simply deleting or obscuring the video?

Thanks,
Jatinder
jatindersangha

Post by jatindersangha »

Video deleted as I could do without the hassle.

--Jatinder
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

jatindersangha wrote:Video deleted as I could do without the hassle. ...

This might be an opportunity to take stock. I get the impression you are keen to get some of your complaints of bad driving to court. Depending on your own feelings, that can amount to a lot of hassle. Cold feet can develop as the date for giving evidence approaches. Have you thought that through?

(I've no idea about the privacy issues.)
jatindersangha

Post by jatindersangha »

I believe I'm ok with going to court if it gets that far.

This particular case didn't get very far (but should have IMO), hence I don't want to spend wasted time on it.

--Jatinder
Steady rider

Post by Steady rider »

How does Google earth cope with filming issues? legal aspects?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

There is no legal expectation of privacy in public in the U.K.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
jatindersangha

Re: RE: Re: CPS and Police procedures

Post by jatindersangha »

[XAP]Bob wrote:There is no legal expectation of privacy in public in the U.K.

Would that extend to including the business name as displayed on a van on a youtube page?

Especially if it's possibly the name of the motorist involved...
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Steady rider wrote:How does Google earth cope with filming issues? legal aspects?

Google theoretically blurs faces and vehicle registration numbers. It's done automatically by software, so sometimes Google gets it wrong. They tend to err conservatively. That is, you are more likely to find that they have blurred something that they shouldn't, like a street sign, than failed to blur something that they should, like a vehicle registration.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mjr

Re: 14 day rule for NIPs

Post by mjr »

thirdcrank wrote:
Shootist wrote: ... One important thing with the NIP (of many) is that it is sent in time, ...

And as I've surely posted before, my memory goes back to the time when the police investigated many more accidents and an NIP was required even when there had been an accident. [...]

Does anyone's memory go back to where NIPs started and why the time limit seems to have gone down from 21 days to 14 since the Lords debated them in 1930?

It does seem crazy that motoring still has effectively a two week statute of limitations now that there's so much motoring and so many motorists per traffic police officer.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.