Crapper Cycle Lanes

MikeF

Re: Crapper Cycle Lanes

Post by MikeF »

thirdcrank wrote:..but the sign with two white arrows PASS EITHER SIDE has been reclassified as informational rather than mandatory, which is logical when you think about it but hardly something to pay people to worry about.
Logical in one sense, but not according to signage classification. If it's information it should be rectangular and not circular - just like "Cyclists Dismount", which is a statement and not a command (mandatory). Our road signs are becoming more and more illogical. :wink:
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

They may, of course, be going to make new ones rectangular: I don't know, or care that much. AFAIK, existing signs will continue to be OK. In any case, nobody is likely to be prosecuted for the specific offence of failing to pass either side of a bollard: if they were to try and consequently hit it, in theory it would be due care, but who's going to bother?
tykeboy2003

Post by tykeboy2003 »

661-Pete wrote:Why weren't my local examples included?

Or perhaps they were. Not having seen the book, I don't know. But I reckon you could fill all the books in the British Library with examples from around the country.

Just looked at the first one where the "cycle lanes" encourage the cyclist to do exactly the wrong thing (ie move to the edge of the road) on the approach to the road-centre bollards. Unbelievable.