Chinese Bike sharing scheme

fishfright

Chinese Bike sharing scheme

Post by fishfright »

I follow this bloke on youtube and saw this little video he made on the new Chinese bike sharing scheme which for once looks like it might be a good one.

[youtube]Hi9G1jLUeUk[/youtube]

Of course the will be down sides and theft but looks pretty good to my eyes.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Chinese Bike sharing scheme

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I can see there being 'time of day' issues in terms of where the bikes are...

But the lack of need for docks is very nice - I wonder if the locks are charged by dynamo? Didn't notice any lights either...

It's perfect Chinese innovation - super fast rollout of the system. GPS and mobile data are just assumed ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

No pasaran
horizon

Post by horizon »

And as I've posted before, it's not "sharing" but hiring. Otherwise we'd be hotel sharing, plate sharing etc etc.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
BennettH

Post by BennettH »

The only issue I see for anything without a docking procedure in other countries is a lack of courtesy.

Just spilling the bikes on a curb. Not making sure that they are out of the way when they are left. Maybe I am just a pessimist.

I would hope that these things work, just because it would mean that human being could do a good job sharing.
ChrisOntLancs

Post by ChrisOntLancs »

i hope the people that make iphones can afford iphones.