Parking on Cyclepaths

mjr

Re: Parking on Cyclepaths

Post by mjr »

rmurphy195 wrote:I've forwarded the email to (one of) my local councillors expressing my views. We'll see what the response is. Based on past experience this will get me nowhere however if necessary there's always the Lord Mayors department, my local MP and local newspaper if more noise is needed.

I don't understand why you seem to be ignoring the council's complaints procedure.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Si

Post by Si »

Councillor Tricket is the one you want to complain to - excedongly pro-cycling.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Si wrote:Councillor Tricket is the one you want to complain to - exceedingly pro-cycling.

Might try him later - taking the opportunity at present to put my own local councillors to the test. Can be useful when deciding who to vote for later!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Si

Post by Si »

Note, he is a she ;-)
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

We used to have a pro-cycling Cllr Trickett on Leeds City Council, now MP for Hemsworth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Trickett

On the subject of pro cycling, as in professional cycling, he was instrumental in bring it to Leeds in the form of the Leeds Classic road race. I couldn't point to anything he did for Leeds cyclists more generally.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Well, after a week I have had no reply from my local councillor, so have forwarded the details to the other two (we have 3 in my ward) and also Cllr Trickett.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Si

Post by Si »

They were back again today.....seemed to be a big cricket match on.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Si wrote:They were back again today.....seemed to be a big cricket match on.

Sending a complaint?
Si

Post by Si »

If i remember next week, I'll talk to someone in transportation services.
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

rmurphy195 wrote:Reported this lottoBirmingham Council a couple of days ago via theier web site, had no acknowledgment yet.

I'm expecting them to say something like "Space will be used for parking during a big sporting event" or somesuch (it was during the big match at Edgbaston on Sunday)

Location is Cannon Hill Road, opposite the entrance to Cannon Hill Park, a green cyclepath on one side of the pavement.

http://s818.photobucket.com/user/murphy ... t=3&page=1

Nothing to add to the previous comments, but please be aware that you have not secured your Photobucket account, so anyone clicking on your link has access to all your albums/pictures.
RichK

Post by RichK »

Test match at Edgbaston from tomorrow so expect more of the same.
Annoying Twit

Post by Annoying Twit »

So tempted to ride past cars parked in cycle paths too close and 'accidentally' scratch the car, but I never will.
RickH

Post by RickH »

Annoying Twit wrote:So tempted to ride past cars parked in cycle paths too close and 'accidentally' scratch the car, but I never will.

OR find someone with good MTB stunt skills to just ride over the top of them! :twisted:
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Annoying Twit wrote:So tempted to ride past cars parked in cycle paths too close and 'accidentally' scratch the car, but I never will.

It's strange but whenever I see a car parked on a cycle track, it has at least the passenger-side wing mirror folded back. I think it may be a local custom around here :twisted:
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Rob Archer

Post by Rob Archer »

RickH wrote:

OR find someone with good MTB stunt skills to just ride over the top of them! :twisted:
Maybe after rolling their wheels through a tray of black paint! It would send a very clear message.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my GT-S7275R using hovercraft full of eels.