In France, too....

661-Pete

In France, too....

Post by 661-Pete »

Recent grim events here in the UK have understandably diverted attention away from happenings across the Channel, but on browsing the French Press in search of something else, I came across this:
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/cyclism ... 060074.php
(In French - sorry! You can try Google translate on it if you can put up with the weird results it delivers!)

I've always thought that our cousins in France have a better deal than we do - partly because cycling is held in more respect there. Or is it? After all France haven't had their own TdF winner since Bernard Hinault (I hope this situation is remedied soon). Anyway, this demonstration clearly draws attention to the fact that all is not well for cyclists across the Channel. This is clearly of interest to many in this forum (myself included) who either live in France or frequently visit there.

The emphasis appears to be largely on educating other road users. I've long felt that this is the way to go - here as well. Do others agree?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thirdcrank

Re: In France, too....

Post by thirdcrank »

It mentions that following the demo, a petition was presented to President Macron setting out five specific measures, but then only lists the first two (prevention and education.) Perhaps they need an All Party Parliamentary Group. Or perhaps not.