Illegal 'Cyclists Dismount' signs?

mjr

Re: Illegal 'Cyclists Dismount' signs?

Post by mjr »

Bmblbzzz wrote:
mjr wrote:West Winch has some particularly funky gates on a foot-only entrance which you just push the tops apart wide enough to pass over on a small ramp, then they swing back closed around the ramp. There must be some clever weighted hinge beneath the ramp. Maybe it would be too difficult to make such a gate wide enough for tricycle access.

I reckon a photo or streetview of this clever gate at West Winch common would be interesting.

One is barely visible at http://www.instantstreetview.com/@52.70 ... .73p,3.56z - that access is only a footpath. The bridleway access is not on Streetview but I'm pretty sure it's a gate.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

reohn2 wrote:
mjr wrote:
reohn2 wrote:But a gate is provided for those that can't,whereas in your world you'd inconvenience every user of that road by making them all use a gate :roll:

Or use other means to control the cattle. Gates are only one of a wide range of less injurious options... but no, never mind other people's injuries as long as r2 inconvenienced!

Youre becoming unnecessarily rude.

I think you attitude in going to the enth degree of a f*rt to prove yourself right, creates the situation where others are rude to you.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

bikepacker wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
mjr wrote:Or use other means to control the cattle. Gates are only one of a wide range of less injurious options... but no, never mind other people's injuries as long as r2 inconvenienced!

Youre becoming unnecessarily rude.

I think you attitude in going to the enth degree of a f*rt to prove yourself right, creates the situation where others are rude to you.

I think this is an open forum and you say more about yourself than you do about others :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mjr wrote:............Or use other means to control the cattle.

Just realised, I didnt ask what other means there are of controlling livestock,other than gates and CG,that make life easy for road users?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden