Premium rush?

atoz

Premium rush?

Post by atoz »

Hi all

Just in case you'd heard enough of bad attitude cyclists, Sony Movies shows this movie- was on Thurs on Freeview,repeated on pay to view. This review gives a good idea of what this film is like..

https://deadspin.com/5937209/first-kill ... h-reviewed

Perhaps not the most tactful piece of TV scheduling..
Cunobelin

Re: Premium rush?

Post by Cunobelin »

Would be interesting to see the reviewer's opinion of any of the thousand movies broadcast this year with a car chase.......

But then again one suspects that the standard hypocrisy will apply
brooksby

Post by brooksby »

atoz wrote:Hi all

Just in case you'd heard enough of bad attitude cyclists, Sony Movies shows this movie- was on Thurs on Freeview,repeated on pay to view. This review gives a good idea of what this film is like..

I have to put a hand up here and say that I really enjoy Premium Rush :D - it's on Sony Movie Channel about once a month, it has plot holes you could ride a cargo bike through, but it is basically just a popcorn movie, the cycling equivalent of the Fast and the Furious franchise, I guess. I'm pretty sure nobody is taking serious riding techniques from it, any more than anyone goes and watches the Dukes of Hazzard and starts jumping bridges, so I wouldn't worry.

(Danny MacAskill apparently did some of the trick riding).
atoz

Post by atoz »

brooksby wrote:

I have to put a hand up here and say that I really enjoy Premium Rush :D - it's on Sony Movie Channel about once a month, it has plot holes you could ride a cargo bike through, but it is basically just a popcorn movie, the cycling equivalent of the Fast and the Furious franchise, I guess. I'm pretty sure nobody is taking serious riding techniques from it, any more than anyone goes and watches the Dukes of Hazzard and starts jumping bridges, so I wouldn't worry.

Trouble is, with the frenetic anti cyclist stuff being whipped up by the usual suspects, it doesn't really help.
brooksby

Post by brooksby »

atoz wrote:
brooksby wrote:

Trouble is, with the frenetic anti cyclist stuff being whipped up by the usual suspects, it doesn't really help.

Well, I hope they ban the Fast and the Furious films and every car advert ever, then (Encouraging dangerous driving, dontcha know :wink: :wink: )
Richard Fairhurst

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

brooksby wrote:I have to put a hand up here and say that I really enjoy Premium Rush :D - it's on Sony Movie Channel about once a month, it has plot holes you could ride a cargo bike through, but it is basically just a popcorn movie, the cycling equivalent of the Fast and the Furious franchise, I guess.

Agreed - I saw it on a plane a while back and thought it was enormous fun.
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
Randy_Butternubs

Post by Randy_Butternubs »

It falls firmly into the "so bad it's good" category in my book.

My favorite bit is when Dania Ramirez crashes due to her use of those dangerous and unnecessary brakes (uh-huh). She gets up and, in frustration, casually rips off her front brake - the lever, caliper and cable all together - with one hand and throws it away. :D