Dangerous cycling laws blah blah blah

pwa

Re: Dangerous cycling laws blah blah blah

Post by pwa »

Mick F wrote:
flat tyre wrote:Nothing to see here, move along, or better still, get out on your bike! If you're like me you won't even bother to click the link.
Absolutely!

Best thing you can do with newspapers ............. if you buy them ............. is to light your fire with them before even thinking of reading them. Second best thing, is to line the parrot cage with them, so the parrot can read the rubbish.

Not bought a newspaper in YEARS. We get given them for the above uses.

A bit OT, but anyone know which newspaper is best for lighting fires? The "paper" contains stuff not made from trees, and I find it can be hard to get a fire going with it. It's not as readily combustible as people might imagine.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

pwa wrote:
A bit OT, but anyone know which newspaper is best for lighting fires? The "paper" contains stuff not made from trees, and I find it can be hard to get a fire going with it. It's not as readily combustible as people might imagine.
Many of the freebies are very good eg Waitrose Weekend, London Metro, etc. And well split and dry Hazel will make good tapers/kindling, in fact so much so that you may not need much paper at all.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

pwa wrote: ... A bit OT, but anyone know which newspaper is best for lighting fires? The "paper" contains stuff not made from trees, and I find it can be hard to get a fire going with it. It's not as readily combustible as people might imagine.

As the printed media diminish and with them the supply of wastepaper, the future may be found in the development of a practical means of harnessing the hot air increasingly generated by the social media.