Satnavs 'cause accidents'?

reohn2

Re: Satnavs 'cause accidents'?

Post by reohn2 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:The next idiot turns up a few seconds later

Lot of idiots where you live :(

If overtaking is not possible and they follow too close it is best to slow down, might wake the terrorists up too
Slower is always safer, you cannae change the laws of physics

I did that very thing only a week or so ago and got down to 20mph with an idiot Vivaro van driver about 1m off my rear bumper.
How might one help them get by when one is already travelling at the maximum limit, don't know anything in the HC, signals and the like?

There's sometimes nowhere for them to pass,in which case if they're too close I show them the brake lights and slow down,if there's somewhere safe let them get past and bu@@er off so they can tailgate someone else!

I think, whether others exceed the maximum limit affects me, I can influence them!

Idiots are just that,your influence is someone else's annoyance,annoyance can lead to rash and stupid descision making.

Pressed the button at foot crossings several times today although I did not want to cross, held up the motons. If enough others did the same it would make a difference, driving would become a **bit slower and less attractive*** :D
There is one point where pressing the button while cycling by is particularly effective, it slows the idiots who will cross my path 200 m further on, usually they have a red light when I reach the junction so I can proceed in safety

There's nothing clever or wise about doing that,YVMV.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I do it at every opportunity
While the cops don't bother enforcing the law it is the easiest most effective way to do their work for them

Not clever or wise or complicated :wink:
Children should be taught to do it, wait a moment and press the button again after crossing so the next **people** can cross sooner

Slowing down the motons thus would save dozens of lives each year
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Ellieb

Post by Ellieb »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I do it at every opportunity
While the cops don't bother enforcing the law it is the easiest most effective way to do their work for them

Not clever or wise or complicated :wink:
Children should be taught to do it, wait a moment and press the button again after crossing so the next **people** can cross sooner

Slowing down the motons thus would save dozens of lives each year

I think you would be surprised at how many people on a Cycling forum (even this one) would be less than impressed by your behaviour. Google ‘passive aggressive personality’
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I do have another personality trait, someone at work asked me: 'why are you always in a good mood?'
Realised later, it was because I cycle to work

Google Horst Nilges, he is a hero of mine, reported thousands of motor crimes, became famous (infamous?) I am a coward, too scared to do that

I would indeed like to know what other fora members think. Especially those (including me) who bleat about lack of traffic law enforcement
Any alternative suggestions for action to slow down the motons?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I do have another personality trait, someone at work asked me: 'why are you always in a good mood?'
Realised later, it was because I cycle to work

Google Horst Nilges, he is a hero of mine, reported thousands of motor crimes, became famous (infamous?) I am a coward, too scared to do that

I would indeed like to know what other fora members think. Especially those (including me) who bleat about lack of traffic law enforcement
Any alternative suggestions for action to slow down the motons?

As with most things that involving censuring motorists, cyclists who report dangerous driving are in the wrong.

Helmet Cameras are inflaming road rage
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cameras seem to change the behaviour of some that use them, irrespective of their chosen mode of transport.