Diabetes NHS cost £10Billion, why no backing for cycling

pete75

Re: Diabetes NHS cost £10Billion, why no backing for cycling

Post by pete75 »

pjclinch wrote:
pete75 wrote:
pjclinch wrote:

No, that would be falling in to the trap of ecological fallacy, assuming that the general case will apply to any individual in a population. Jobs are for individuals so you look at the CVs and experience of individuals. But if two people show up for interview who are equal in all respects except one drives to work and one cycles the odds would be that you'll get more work out of the cyclist.

Pete.

You don't get irony do you?

I do, but I'll put it on hold when I think someone doesn't get quite get confirmation bias or the issues of population data vs. individual experience.

Oh no you don't and requoting the above once again proves it....
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I was chatting to an unemployed chap a couple of years ago.
He'd applied for a job in a warehouse(work he told me he'd done previously and so was an ideal candidate).He didn't get the job he told me because he'd no car and the firm expected him to do overtime at short notice.
He told me where he lived and where the job was,we both agreed his route was well connected by a local cyclepath and a very good paved towpath,and that he could get there quicker by bike than by car.But it seemed the company weren't interested due to his "lack of transport" :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

pete75 wrote:
Oh no you don't and requoting the above once again proves it....

<fx class=panto> Oh yes I do! </fx>
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...