Bike crash: The first things to do in the aftermath

rfryer

Re: Bike crash: The first things to do in the aftermath

Post by rfryer »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Motons are unpredictable, the majority disobey the law but one never knows, a few obey the law

NEVER trust a moton!

"Motons" are people, and I'm happy to assume that those of them that are trying to be courteous aren't doing it in order to entrap me. I'd be sad to adopt a more paranoid world view.
mjr

Post by mjr »

rfryer wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Motons are unpredictable, the majority disobey the law but one never knows, a few obey the law

NEVER trust a moton!

"Motons" are people, and I'm happy to assume that those of them that are trying to be courteous aren't doing it in order to entrap me. I'd be sad to adopt a more paranoid world view.

I think "moton" is Cyril Haearn's abbreviation of "motorist moron" so the allegation seems pretty clearly that they're incompetent rather than doing it in order to entrap us.

It doesn't really matter why they've done whatever bad action after you've been run over as a result. Part of my briefing/reminders to new riders in cycling groups is "trust no-one - not even me - make your own decisions about whether it's safe to make a particular turn or movement".
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

rfryer wrote:

NEVER trust a moton!

Moton = motorist/moron, often "terrorist" is appropriate

I bet most of them are not thinking about what they are doing, most stopped thinking when they passed the test. One should just stick to the law, leave gaps at junctions when waiting in a queue for example but not urge others on

Just observe how many ignore STOP signs, moton/moron is the right word for the majority, or maybe they just cannot read?

BTW I am a very experienced driver but now I mostly cycle :)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies