Nick Freeman Attacks "exceptional hardship"

reohn2
Posts: 32265
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Nick Freeman Attacks "exceptional hardship"

Postby reohn2 » 7 Nov 2018, 10:14pm

Bonefishblues wrote:I don't have a problem with the ability to make the plea, but its application needs better scrutiny and clearer criteria, perhaps.

Could you explain what you mean please?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

Bonefishblues
Posts: 5071
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: Nick Freeman Attacks "exceptional hardship"

Postby Bonefishblues » 7 Nov 2018, 11:15pm

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I don't have a problem with the ability to make the plea, but its application needs better scrutiny and clearer criteria, perhaps.

Could you explain what you mean please?

The ability to plead thus should be maintained but there should be clearer instructions to Magistrates as to what constitutes exceptional hardship.

reohn2
Posts: 32265
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Nick Freeman Attacks "exceptional hardship"

Postby reohn2 » 7 Nov 2018, 11:34pm

Bonefishblues wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I don't have a problem with the ability to make the plea, but its application needs better scrutiny and clearer criteria, perhaps.

Could you explain what you mean please?

The ability to plead thus should be maintained but there should be clearer instructions to Magistrates as to what constitutes exceptional hardship.

Agreed.
Throughout this thread I've been waiting for someone to define 'exeptional hardship',it hasn't been forthcoming.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

9494arnold
Posts: 676
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 3:13pm

Re: Nick Freeman Attacks "exceptional hardship"

Postby 9494arnold » 8 Nov 2018, 8:04am

Exceptional Hardship : Classic Law , not defined , a matter of opinion . That's how the Lawyers make their money. :x

reohn2
Posts: 32265
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Nick Freeman Attacks "exceptional hardship"

Postby reohn2 » 8 Nov 2018, 8:11am

9494arnold wrote:Exceptional Hardship : Classic Law , not defined , a matter of opinion . That's how the Lawyers make their money. :x

I should've known it'd be a scam for the lawyers to exploit :wink: :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

thirdcrank
Posts: 27547
Joined: 9 Jan 2007, 2:44pm

Re: Nick Freeman Attacks "exceptional hardship"

Postby thirdcrank » 9 Nov 2018, 10:34pm

He also said he suffered from "terrible motion sickness" when sitting anywhere but the driver's seat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-46157817

Bonefishblues
Posts: 5071
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: Nick Freeman Attacks "exceptional hardship"

Postby Bonefishblues » 9 Nov 2018, 11:03pm

thirdcrank wrote:
He also said he suffered from "terrible motion sickness" when sitting anywhere but the driver's seat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-46157817

Law properly applied.